help

Ok I had a chipped to went to dentist, Had the nerve taken out and infection also. Well had that done Saturday and it still hurts? Anyone else have this happen? How long before pain stops? Thank you

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 5:47 PM on Jan. 5, 2009 in Health

• My pain lasted a week, still tender after that for another week
    llrey74

Answer by llrey74 at 5:53 PM on Jan. 5, 2009

• When you consider all they do to the tooth having a root canal treatment, that is a lot of trauma. and also having an infection which has caused a lot of pressure in such a small place. I have seen pt.s have pain for up to a month after wards. I wouldn't worry right now, the pain is normal. Oh yes i forgot if the Dr. filled the root canals with steel points, that can cause some discomfort also. If the pain doesn't gradually get better. or becomes worse then call your dentist. If you were not given pain meds then use Ibuprofen for your pain and use a cold pack to reduce any swelling that might cause pain also. Just give it some time.
    decafsis

Answer by decafsis at 12:25 PM on Jan. 6, 2009