Is there anything you can take to keep from getting boils?

I get them and have always felt like it was something I was lacking.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 5:55 PM on Jan. 5, 2009 in Health

• I get them all the time and they are so painful and frustrating!! I have found that showering with antibacterial Dial helps A LOT!! Also, I use an antibiotic lotion on areas I get them the most called Clyndomiacin. This helps too! GL
    Babylove76

Answer by Babylove76 at 6:48 PM on Jan. 5, 2009

• My son was getting boils a lot as well as skin staph infections. The Dr's said nothing to do about it. A woman at a health store said give him Brewers Yeast . He began taking them and the boil he had healed quickly and he hasnt had any as long as he takes it. When he was in college he got lazy about it and had a staph infection on his forearm so badly he nearly lost it from the infection down. The antibiotics and draining it surgically twice did very little to help. He asked the Dr about the yeast and he told him it wouldn't hurt. In 9 days his arm was healed.
    GrnEyedGrandma

Answer by GrnEyedGrandma at 6:02 PM on Jan. 5, 2009

• I read somewhere that by putting a warm compress on it helps. Also I think cabbage leaves helps.
    VaDivaMom

Answer by VaDivaMom at 6:21 PM on Jan. 5, 2009

• Rub Ur the wrong way,and a boil is the price you might pay. These painful oversize pimpLes have less to do with personal hygiene than you might think. They're usually caused when friction (from ill fitting undergarments or a tight shirt collar) or a scratch allows bacteria under your skin.

The bacteria , Staphylococcus aureus, a settle in a hair follicle or an oil gland, where they are attacked by your immune system.

kittycatwomen

Answer by kittycatwomen at 6:21 PM on Jan. 5, 2009

• Tea tree essential oil is a great natural antiseptic that speeds the healing of virtually any kind of skin irritation.

kittycatwomen

Answer by kittycatwomen at 6:32 PM on Jan. 5, 2009