how do i show my kids that i love them when i dont i dont love myself

i feel lso guilty right now. i feel like im putting my needs a head of my girls. im dealing with a lot of self esteem issues and i feel like im making my kids pay for it. i dont want to be around them and i hate that.how do i change my attitude for myself so that i can feel like loving my kids the way they need to be loved

charityandgirls

Asked by charityandgirls at 11:33 AM on Jul. 16, 2008 in General Parenting

• Hey.... if mama aint happy, nobody's happy. You have to be satisfied with who you are. You obviously love your kids very much and they deserve it! You should start by seeing a doctor, you may be depressed and there are so many things you can do to help yourself. Or talk to a friend who may have gone through the same thing. I felt this way when my boys were small... I was on Paxil then Lexapro for a while and it helped soooo much. There was a time when I felt I didn't need it anymore, so my doctor took me off of it 4 years ago and I still feel great. If you don't like to take a pills every day, there are natural ways, like exercise and herbal supplements.
    drowninginboys

Answer by drowninginboys at 12:05 PM on Jul. 16, 2008

• When we have children we lose ourselves. Some of our dreams are lost, while we gain new ones. It's alright to feel overwhelmed.
    The trick is to find,love yourself again. Whether it be something as simple as treating yourself to a new manicure.Or taking time to read that book that has been sitting on the shelf. You need to find your passions again. Take an online course,start a hobby. Create an idenity other than your children. This may not be a popular thing to say but it is an honest emotion that many women feel at one time or another. Try spliting your days up into three parts. One part concentrating on the family(cooking ,cleaning, shopping, bills etc. ) Two, Doing something fun with your children (going for a walk, playing a game, doing a craft together etc.) Third concentrate on you, even if it is for an hour after they go to bed. I feel as women we have dreams for our children, dreams for our family and personal dreams. Give yourself permission to have all three.
    CelticFaerie

Answer by CelticFaerie at 12:22 PM on Jul. 16, 2008

• therapy. and you know tehy love you no matter how fat or ugly or stupid you think you are. to them, you're perfect. that should be ego building.
    princezzmommie

Answer by princezzmommie at 11:19 PM on Jul. 16, 2008