Wrists hurting?

So I'm 31 wks. and work full-time in front of a computer. Today my wrists have been killing me since I got here. This is the first time they've been sore. I heard that a lot of women develop carpal tunnel when they're pregnant. Is this true?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 5:56 PM on Jan. 5, 2009 in Pregnancy

• OH MY WORD!!! I am so glad someone posted this as well. My wrist have been killing me for about a week and half. I am also 31 weeks (32 weeks on thursday). I have to wear wrist wraps everynight while I sleep or I can not bear it the next day. They still hurt the next day but they are better.

Did yours seem to just pop up over night. Like one night they were fine, then the next day, they started hurting. I go to the doctor on Thursday and I am asking him about it then.
    vickwu

Answer by vickwu at 6:00 PM on Jan. 5, 2009

• yes it is true that pg often induces carpal tunnel.
    teri4lance

Answer by teri4lance at 6:01 PM on Jan. 5, 2009

• Yes! I have been at this job for 1.5 yrs. and they just hurt this morning when I started using my mouse. Ugh, I hope it doesn't last, as I have 10 more wks. to go of this job!
    Anonymous

• Very true! It oftentimes gets better after your pregnancy, but for relief NOW you can look into some of the things that non-pregnant sufferers would: wrist supports, a pad for your keyboard, check your posture and hand position, etc.

Hopefully you'll be one of the lucky ones and it will be gone by the time you're back at work after you deliver. Good luck!
    KatieCrandall

Answer by KatieCrandall at 6:09 PM on Jan. 5, 2009

• The same thing happen to me. I sit at the computer all day so I thought that might be it. I rested my wrist for a couple days and it didnt. So finally I went to the doctors and it was carpal tunnel. I thought I was the only person this happen to lol. The doctor gave me a wrist brace and it helped out but not 100%. I wish you the best of luck.
    Jennyv143

Answer by Jennyv143 at 7:09 PM on Jan. 5, 2009