Soon to be single mom, what about dating??

I am going to be a single mom soon, my ex boyfriend didnt want anything to do with me or the baby. Now im kinda worried that im gonna single forever and that no one is gonna want to date me with a kid. Do you think this is true or not?

Xtina11

Asked by Xtina11 at 5:59 PM on Jan. 5, 2009 in Pregnancy

• Nope, not true. I'm single with an infant and I date
    Anonymous

• I agree...so not true. Its more common now a days unlike back in the 1960s.
    Anonymous

• not true.. im pregnant and i still get asked out on dates by people ive known forever..
    sunshinebaby209

Answer by sunshinebaby209 at 6:04 PM on Jan. 5, 2009

• I was a single Mama and now I'm married so yes you can date. The key is to keep your children away from the new guy till you know he's going to be around for a while and that he's a decent person. No need confusing children. Wait till the little ones are asleep and have him come over to watch movies. Or get a sitter and meet him somewhere. Good Luck.
    happyathomemum

Answer by happyathomemum at 6:05 PM on Jan. 5, 2009

• Def. not true. I know someone who is a single mom of two kids from two different dads and she still manages to get plenty of men interested in her.
    Anonymous

• Not true...just make sure your settled in with your child before you try to take on dating, it won't be as easy as it was before since you now have to consider the influences you're potentially bringing into your child's life. You can totally still find someone, though, and single parents are becoming more and more common in the dating world now, so you shouldn't encounter too many issues with that.

My Mom had five teenage brats when she met my Dad (who had three of his own), and they've been married for 27 years! :)
    KatieCrandall

Answer by KatieCrandall at 6:07 PM on Jan. 5, 2009

• No not true. But your kid and his future must come first. I agree with happyathomemum
    gammie

Answer by gammie at 6:09 PM on Jan. 5, 2009

• i was a single mom when i met my husband. At that time i thought the same thing, I thought NO ONE would want to date me with a baby. I dated one man who was going through a divorce and had a son of his own, well that didnt last. Then i met my husband my son was only 6 months old then, and had no problem with the fact i had a baby.
    saysha100687

Answer by saysha100687 at 6:11 PM on Jan. 5, 2009

• I hear tons of stories about women dating and even marrying while they have very young babies. My older daughter was 2 when I became single/divorced, and while dating was a little more complicated it was still possible. I remarried a few years later, and we are now a happy family of 5. Just be careful and know what you can and cannot accept before you even get started; take a little time to figure out what you and your child need before you jump into anything. Having a child can actually make you choose a better man, because you'll be thinking about the impact he will have on your child's life as well as yours. Good luck.
    TweenAndTwinMom

Answer by TweenAndTwinMom at 6:17 PM on Jan. 5, 2009

• Ooh, I like what TweenandTwinMom said! Your baby may help you choose a better man! Very nice!

Just don't get caught up in the "finding my baby a Daddy" thing, that's not the proper goal! I think THAT is what causes more bad experiences than anything else!
    KatieCrandall

Answer by KatieCrandall at 6:32 PM on Jan. 5, 2009