If I play the lottery every day or every week... will I win eventually?

Im struggling and now that Im getting older I dont see fortune in my future unless I marry rich. So now Im planning on playing every week or almost every day... I'd play quick ticket so I wont pick any numbers.. do yall think I will get lucky one day? not necessarily the jackpot

this is a fun post not seriously basing my life on winning.. iit would be great though

KayGia0704

Asked by KayGia0704 at 9:16 PM on Oct. 20, 2011 in Just for Fun

• I've been playing the lottery for years...I'm still struggling but I'm still playing. I plan on winning big real soon.
    meooma

Answer by meooma at 9:18 PM on Oct. 20, 2011

• how often you play doesnt increase your chances of winning, unless you play the same game, for the same drawing mutliple times. Each game has about the same odds of winning and they are generated for that game... playing previous games changes nothing. So a veteran player or a newbie has the same chances if they both play one ticket - about the ratio of a shot glass to an olympic size swimming pool.... so good luck
    Nimue930

Answer by Nimue930 at 9:21 PM on Oct. 20, 2011

• Check out the lottery simulator here: http://www.cockeyed.com/citizen/poker/lottery_simulator100.php

Then check out http://www.daveramsey.com and http://www.getrichslowly.org for great resources on how to manage your finances, so you don't have to bet your future on the lottery.
    NooraK

Answer by NooraK at 9:27 PM on Oct. 20, 2011

• My mother played it every year and died without ever winning......I don't waste my money.
    Anna92464

Answer by Anna92464 at 9:40 PM on Oct. 20, 2011

• Good luck!!
    mompam

Answer by mompam at 9:43 PM on Oct. 20, 2011

• No.

You would have a better chance if you put 5 years worth on one draw, and quick draw is statistically better than numbers you pick yourself, but your odds are so astronomically against you it's insane. I'm not just talking about jackpots.

If you put $1 in a coffee can you would end up more money, let alone if you put it in some interest bearing account.
    KateDinVA

Answer by KateDinVA at 9:45 PM on Oct. 20, 2011

• I used to work in the lottery selling tickets. It's fun but, that is just what it should be - something to do for fun. Every once in a while someone would walk into the store and buy a scratch-off and win $100.00 without buying too many tickets. But, usually the people that won were the ones that had bought so many tickets they were really just breaking even. If you continue to play, I would do my homework if I were you. If there is a pick 3 or pick 5 figure out what numbers come out often. Same thing for Powerball. Don't spend too much money as winning can be a long shot. Good Luck! I was always too cheap to play even though I had my numbers that I would play from time to time. The most I even won was $20 on a scratch-off, lol.
    HHx5

Answer by HHx5 at 10:00 PM on Oct. 20, 2011

• Maybe, maybe not, but we can at least dream right?
    JackieGirl007

Answer by JackieGirl007 at 12:30 AM on Oct. 21, 2011

• If I remember right, you have a better chance of being struck by lightening than winning the lottery.
    crazycatlady66

Answer by crazycatlady66 at 6:50 AM on Oct. 21, 2011