what age is ok not to worry about S.I.D.S

im always double checkin on my son hes 5months old and i get very paranoied about him sufficateing himself or something.what age do they say u dont have to worry about SIDS anymore?thanks guys!

ShYmAmA08

Asked by ShYmAmA08 at 11:36 AM on Jul. 16, 2008 in Babies (0-12 months)

• The risk drops sharply after he learns to roll over.
    kaycee14

Answer by kaycee14 at 11:47 AM on Jul. 16, 2008

• I too have a 5 month old son. I worry from time to time and check on him. He sleeps in a co-sleeping bassinet, so he is right there by my side. He will only sleep on his stomach so it is scary sometimes! I have been told and read that the risk for SIDS drops completely or for the most part at 1 year.
    TeaAndrews

Answer by TeaAndrews at 11:52 AM on Jul. 16, 2008

• After they learn to roll, there is less risk. According to Dr. Henry Krouse, the majority (90%) of SIDS cases occur before 6 months. So after 6 months, the risk is negligible, and after a year, it's extremely minimal (and the name is changed to Sudden Unexpected Death Syndrome or SUDS).
    asaffell

Answer by asaffell at 12:37 PM on Jul. 16, 2008

• 18 mos.
    princezzmommie

Answer by princezzmommie at 11:18 PM on Jul. 16, 2008

• my dr told once they are about 5 months old and they know how to roll over the risk of sids is lower.
    LoriAnn87

Answer by LoriAnn87 at 1:17 PM on Jul. 17, 2008