my 8 month old wont stay asleep what can i do ??

so my son was sleeping in his crib up until he was 6 1/2 months old then he got sick and the only way he would sleep was in my bed with me now he's 8 months old and now he won't even play in his crib with out screaming and yealling ..my main problem is the fact that he wont stay asleep at night i need help ( oh btw he's my first)

JLR424

Asked by JLR424 at 6:16 PM on Jan. 5, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• my baby is 3mths old. she has been sleeping with me from the day she was born and would never lay in her crib by herself.. but every since she started to attend daycare she has gotten use to sleeping by herself.
    mari_mommie

Answer by mari_mommie at 6:23 PM on Jan. 5, 2009

• the only thing that i can say is keep putting him back to sleep than back in his bed, i deal with this too. she is starting to get the hint now too. and he will soon too and if you have to leave him in their to cry than do it but maybe for about 5 min. or stand their with him and tell him it's ok you are right thier. just keep reassuring him.
    Davina07

Answer by Davina07 at 6:40 PM on Jan. 5, 2009

• There is nothing abnormal about what he is doing - even as adults we still wake through the night.. Babies don't necessarily know how to put themselves back to sleep.. There is nothing you need to do to "teach" this. He will figure it out on his own when he is ready.
    Liyoness

Answer by Liyoness at 6:49 PM on Jan. 5, 2009

• He's going to cry for a while, cause he's used to being in your bed. So he's going to have to cry it out sort of. My daughter fights sleep like it's a disease, but I made a point not to rock her to sleep cause when I did every time I put her down she would cry cry cry. So you can put him down, and wait longer and longer in between times you go check on him. When my daughter does this till the point that she's so upset she can't stop crying I pick her up play with her but don't let her fall asleep in my arms, cause then as soon as I put her down, she starts screaming. Patience is the key, and persistence, it will take a while. Is the baby teething?
    Ifiwereabook

Answer by Ifiwereabook at 11:20 AM on Jan. 6, 2009