To VBAC????

I am trying to decide if I should VBAC. My Dr is all for it. She still wants to schedule a c-section for 41 weeks in case I don't go into labor. She will not induce me due to higher risk of rupture. What would you do. Would you try? I think more then anything I am just scared because I don't know what to expect. I also wrote a journal about this but of course I only got one response and I need more help then that.

thethings

Asked by thethings at 6:19 PM on Jan. 5, 2009 in Pregnancy

• I would try for sure...but I'm always a fan of avoiding surgery when possible! :D I'd find it comforting that your doctor is so positive about it, that would make ME more eager to try!
    KatieCrandall

Answer by KatieCrandall at 6:20 PM on Jan. 5, 2009

• Yeah I would try. I mean from my understanding its alot easier recovery wise to have your child naturally vs C section. I had all my kids vaginally so I dont really know about C-Sections. But my good friend had a C-Section with her last child and had all vaginal births before. She said if she ever had a C-Section before her last baby she wouldnt have had as many kids lol. Try it. The dr will be there so if there are any issues then Im sure theyll intervene.

Answer by gemgem at 6:21 PM on Jan. 5, 2009

• I had a section and then 2 VBAC births. It is so much easier. I would go for it. Also my doctor did induce with both VBAC births . He used smaller doses of pitocen and monitored me. It can be done and done safely! My body recovered so much faster after VBAC's !
    redheadedmommie

Answer by redheadedmommie at 6:31 PM on Jan. 5, 2009

• Would i personally try?

Heckkk no...but thats me...

do what you gotta do girl and good luck with that,

i just had a c-section last monday my 2nd one, it went fine
    LexsiesMommy

Answer by LexsiesMommy at 6:33 PM on Jan. 5, 2009

• Yes I would. I couldn't imagine having a c/s so if I needed an emergency one I would definitely try for a VBAC. VBACs are safer on you and the baby! Don't let him scheduale one until 42 weeks, you aren't overdue until after that anyways. :)

I say go into labor naturally, it is for the best! :)
    celticreverie

Answer by celticreverie at 6:53 PM on Jan. 5, 2009