How to relieve swelling in legs and feet after csection

i just had my DD on the 15th and my legs are so swollen from my toes to my knees i can't tell where my knees or ankles start they are that swollen does anyone have a home remedy that i can try i can't soak in a hot bath until my steri strips come off so i can't soak all of my legs please help

krissii

Asked by krissii at 2:58 AM on Oct. 21, 2011 in Health

• My legs were swollen about 2 weeks. I wore the compression stockings for over a week!

Sorry, the only thing that will help is time!
    GoodyBrook

Answer by GoodyBrook at 3:06 AM on Oct. 21, 2011

• Oh, and congrats on your new little one!
    GoodyBrook

Answer by GoodyBrook at 3:07 AM on Oct. 21, 2011

• compression stockings and elevating your legs above your heart. those are what the dr told me when I went home with my LO
    cassie_kellison

Answer by cassie_kellison at 3:08 AM on Oct. 21, 2011

• drinking water might help flush the swelling out of your legs also exercising your legs should also help.
    beckysud

Answer by beckysud at 3:31 AM on Oct. 21, 2011

• Drink a lot of water can help. Throw some lemon in there and eat strawberries (both can help with excess swelling). Also compression stockings can help.
    saphire_eyes802

Answer by saphire_eyes802 at 9:18 AM on Oct. 21, 2011

• Compression stockings, exercising your legs, and you could still try soaking the bottom part of your legs. My dr. told me that I could get water anywhere on my body other then my torso (to high a risk it would get into the incision). So, I would have somebody run warm water in the tub and I went and just sat there with my legs in the water.
    Honestly, though, your legs sound like they are swollen beyond normal. You may want to call your OB and see what they tell you to do. If you really can't tell where your ankles and knees are, you may be retaining water and that is a whole other problem.
    -Ashley
    spiritguide_23

Answer by spiritguide_23 at 9:18 AM on Oct. 21, 2011

• I really think you should speak to your OBGYN ASAP. Maybe he can prescribe you a water pill to help your body eliminate the fluid. It is not good for you or your Blood Pressure. I lost ALL my water weight right after my Daughter was born within a week. You should NOT still be that swollen. Call your Dr. today.
    ILovemyPaulie

Answer by ILovemyPaulie at 11:28 AM on Oct. 21, 2011