Are you ever turned off by your husband?

Lately we have been having some issues with my teens and his teens, we are a blended family. So many times I feel like I am the one compromising and anyways he has gained a sh*tload of weight and having sex with him lately is just starting to do nothing for me. That used to be the best part of our relationship now the only thing good about it is our 8 month old. Anybody else feel disgusted by husbands weight gain?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 6:34 PM on Jan. 5, 2009 in Relationships

• Somehow I don't think the weight gain is the biggest of your problems (no pun intended). You have a new baby. You have a blended family, inlcuding TEENS! You feel overlooked since you are the one compromising all the time. I think THOSE are the main issues...and rightfully so! Start taking care of YOU....the rest will fall into place. And hubby's weight gain could be HIS way of dealing with the issues....
    companygoddess

Answer by companygoddess at 6:38 PM on Jan. 5, 2009

• I agree with the pp. My dh has gained weight and so have I and we still turn each other on. We have a blended family as well with teens and it can be challenging. We always put our friendship and love for each other and respect for one another first when dealing with the family issues. The only time he disgusts me is when hes a jerk. Has nothing to do with is looks.

Answer by gemgem at 6:52 PM on Jan. 5, 2009

• He disgusts me when he is an asshole which is 90% of the time...... but he has gained weight but thats not an issue with me what so ever his body turnes me on alot more now than before he did gain weight!!
    scaredmommy08

Answer by scaredmommy08 at 7:04 PM on Jan. 5, 2009

• i would put money on it that its not the weight gain that is disgusting you. My husband and I just had a baby 4 months ago and the stress levels of our special needs infant have been astronomical. There are times when I dont feel like he is carrying his fair share of the load and I am disgusted and turned off by it. I would recommend reconnecting emotionally and mentally before trying to reconnect physically. Also try the book the love dare. It has really helped us both
    humaniterian87

Answer by humaniterian87 at 7:18 PM on Jan. 5, 2009

• Mine gets these moods where I would swear he's 14 years old mentally, and I am very turned off by that. He's over 35 and really shouldn't be watching South Park and giggling, UGG! He has gained a lot of weight too, all in his stomach. My solution to that is the Kamautra position "Congress of the Cow" and then I can just imagine how hot used to look, LMAO!!!! Oh, and the angle is perfect, lol!
    Anonymous

• no t he weight gain hasn't bothered me. although if i had your problems i might see the weight gain as the issue although i would be wrong. thats the least of your problems.
    melody77

Answer by melody77 at 7:27 PM on Jan. 5, 2009

• If sex was always the best part of your relationship... then I guess it could dampen things. My hubby has gained and lost and regained, and so have I. I love the man he is inside regardless and sometimes I just don't feel like doing the sex thing, but has nothing to do with his weight changes.
    lisa_ann_p

Answer by lisa_ann_p at 7:57 PM on Jan. 5, 2009

• Nope.
    My husband is as sexy to me as he's ever been - sexier, actually, because I'm so turned on by him emotionally in watching what a great father he is..

If sex is the best part of your relationship, though, then you have some SERIOUS issues. Better start working on the relationship aspect first.
    Liyoness

Answer by Liyoness at 8:03 PM on Jan. 5, 2009