Hospital Bag

What do I need to take in my hospital bag?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 6:34 PM on Jan. 5, 2009 in Pregnancy

• a change of clothes to come home in
    extra underwear
    PJS for after delivery with slippers
    camera
    outfit for baby to go home in.
    thats really all you need
    ooh dont forget the nursing bra.
    Mommy2B04

Answer by Mommy2B04 at 6:37 PM on Jan. 5, 2009

• of course you wana bring your toothbrush and toothpaste deoderant that kind of thing. and make sure you take chapstick
    Mommy2B04

Answer by Mommy2B04 at 6:38 PM on Jan. 5, 2009

• Anything you think you might want! Entertainment for during labor is nice, and I'd bring a list of all the numbers you want to call (you may be too tired or out of it to remember them, and you might not be able to use your cell phone in your room). They will provide you with everything you NEED, but if you want your own slippers, bathrobe, etc, then bring those. Something to hold your hair back is probably a good idea, and your own toiletries if you want. Toothbrush, for sure! Clothes to wear home, unless you just wear the same thing you went there in. You can pack as big or as small as you want. :)
    KatieCrandall

Answer by KatieCrandall at 6:38 PM on Jan. 5, 2009

• Find out what your hospital provides for you as well. Some clothe the baby while you're there, some don't provide that, etc.
    KatieCrandall

Answer by KatieCrandall at 6:39 PM on Jan. 5, 2009

• Oh, I had this question and it seemed no one could answer me straight out. So here is what I took: a robe, a night gown (the hospital ones are not pretty), socks, the baby's outfit to wear home, a couple for him to wear in the hospital (the long nightgowns are wonderful), some blankets (for you and the baby), your toiletry bag (brush, toothbrush, toothpaste, soap, lufa, shampoo), some bigger underwear (if you plan on delivering naturally because those big pads they make you wear aren't comfortable inside the mesh panties the hospital provides), and of course a camera. I also took my makeup bag only because I can't go anywhere without makeup and you will be in a lot of pictures. Good luck and happy packing!!! :-)
    HeatherLeigh

Answer by HeatherLeigh at 6:39 PM on Jan. 5, 2009

• Obviously anything for the baby. For your pads so you dont need to use those bulky hospital ones. Breastpads if you plan to breastfeed, nursing gowns, robe, slippers, socks, hair ties, brush, bath gel & lotions, movies, cd's if you like to listen to music or mp3 player, sports bottle for ice water, any snacks you might like (I took Doritos, string cheese, apple juice, fruit punch etc we had a small fridge in the room), pillow, digital camera, extra underwear, outfit to wear home (something loose fitting and comfortable like sweats etc), small mirror, and books or magazines.

Answer by gemgem at 6:48 PM on Jan. 5, 2009