help

Ok just found out my grandmother had shingles the day after Christmas she held my newborn dd and never bother to tell me. Am very mad right now. Told me she was just having pain in her legs and she knew. Is this contagious sorry never have had it before and worried about my dd getting it she is 2 an half weeks old and at that time was only a week old. Thank you

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 6:35 PM on Jan. 5, 2009 in Health

• yes it is contagious
    smnice

Answer by smnice at 6:37 PM on Jan. 5, 2009

• you can only get shingles if you have had chickenpox I believe so your daughter should be fine.
    Lyndall

Answer by Lyndall at 6:40 PM on Jan. 5, 2009

• The problem Lyndall is that the baby could get chicken pox from the shingles exposure. I know. I had shingles when I was 5 and my 3 yr old sister got chicken pox from it.

Shingles are very highly contagious. More so than chicken pox. Ask Grandma if hers were weeping during the time she was around the baby. If they were, then you must be very careful and watchful of your little one. But baby should be ok. Be prepared - just in case. Talk to your pedi. GL
    Babylove76

Answer by Babylove76 at 6:54 PM on Jan. 5, 2009

• My brother and I got chicken pox because my Mom had Shingles and gave it to us. We got very light cases of it though.
    mom2twingirl797

Answer by mom2twingirl797 at 9:08 PM on Jan. 5, 2009