39 weeks

i went to my appt today and the doc checked my cervix she said i was dilated one cm and 50 percent effaced. after i started to bleed was that the mucous plug or just from the doc feeling around in there?

beautifulkirei

Asked by beautifulkirei at 6:54 PM on Jan. 5, 2009 in Pregnancy

• could be just from the doc. your mucus plug will be gross and mucousy with tints of blood... it could come out in pieces of a big glob.
    celticreverie

Answer by celticreverie at 6:55 PM on Jan. 5, 2009

• Your mucus plug will look like a HUGE booger
    scaredmommy08

Answer by scaredmommy08 at 6:56 PM on Jan. 5, 2009

• It was b/c of the exam
    a_and_j_momma

Answer by a_and_j_momma at 7:06 PM on Jan. 5, 2009

• It's probably because the doctor was feeling around. I was checked for the first time around 38 weeks and I started bleeding lightly afterwards. I didn't give birth until 4 days after my due date :)
    ap9902

Answer by ap9902 at 7:07 PM on Jan. 5, 2009

• I would guess from them feeling around too. I had a little spotting today after my appt too.
    kabbot01

Answer by kabbot01 at 7:44 PM on Jan. 5, 2009

• The cervix bleeds after it's been irritated, and doing a manual exam definitely irritates the cervix. Similar to how you can have some spotting after a pap, but there's even more blood flow there during pregnancy.
    musicpisces

Answer by musicpisces at 8:13 PM on Jan. 5, 2009