My baby cries alot. Help?

My daughter is 7 months old. i know people say that babies can be fussy but it seems like my daughter only cries with me and when i say cry, i mean cries most of the day. my husband and i both work demanding jobs, 12 hour days, and we rotate days. on the 12 hour days i have her she spends the majority of the day crying. on the days he has her, she only cries when she is tired and hungry (like most babies). another good example is that i dropped her off at my aunts the other night so i could pick up four hours of overtime. when i called my aunt before i left work she said she had not cried once. however, as soon as i walked in the door she turned her head, put her arms up, and started crying AGAIN! what am i doing wrong? why does she cry so much with me? this is my first child and i really want to have another one but i am already an anxious person and i dont know if im made out for this. Please help

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 6:57 PM on Jan. 5, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• she might just want you to hold her i dunno
    wendy232425

Answer by wendy232425 at 6:58 PM on Jan. 5, 2009

• I can't say for sure why she is only crying with you. but with my kids when they got that bad I would give them a couple teething tablets to calm them down. they are homeopathic (sp) so they wont hurt her. wish i could help you with why it's only with you. hang in there though.
    Anonymous

• first off with you and your husband working so much, I don't recommend you have another child anytime soon. and secondly she may cry that much when she's with you because she knows you're leaving her, for instance, I work 10 hour days, I have the weekends off. On the weekends in the morning my little one is as happy as can be she doesn't cry, she just smiles at everything. But on the weekdays she knows the routine and the second I get her up to get her ready she cries All morning until we get to daycare because she knows I'm leaving.. could be it, just a thought though.
    Anonymous

• are you stressed out, always tired or something? babies can feel what you feel. my dd gets upset when i'm upset.
    armywife43

Answer by armywife43 at 7:02 PM on Jan. 5, 2009

• I think she misses you and is afraid you are going to leave again. JMO. Hang in there.:)
    Anonymous

• My son is your daughter's age and does the same thing. I've also been mad at my SO a lot and I wonder if its stressing him out.
    LaurenKaye29

Answer by LaurenKaye29 at 7:05 PM on Jan. 5, 2009

• Are you giving her enough attention?
    Chances are her other caregivers play with her- are you spending your day trying to get caught up on the computer?

I would also suggest cutting down on your work hours- it must be pretty stressful for a baby to not know when she's going to see mommy, and then to be so angry at her when she does see her, because she doesn't know how much time she'll get to spend with her before she leaves again. (My now 2 1/2 year old went through this when I went back to work at 18 months. Let me tell ya- NEVER AGAIN!! I'll let my babies be babies. For now, we'll live within our means.)
    Liyoness

Answer by Liyoness at 7:54 PM on Jan. 5, 2009

• Children and babies pick-up on peoples vibes...you said you are a anxious person, she is picking up on that and reacting to your nervousness....Try to call down and know you are a good mom and you just need to relax..MY SIL was the same way, and her kids cried everytime she was around but did not cry with their dad or anyone else, they picked-up she was nervous and anxious and it scared them.
    midnightmoma

Answer by midnightmoma at 8:28 PM on Jan. 5, 2009

• Well I have found that when my daughter is hungry or tired she doesnt realize it til she sees me, then she cries (I think she associates me with bottles/sleeping/comfort). Maybe thats it.
    LovinMyMikayla

Answer by LovinMyMikayla at 9:08 PM on Jan. 5, 2009

• Poor baby she probably just misses her mommy :( is it possible for you to cut down on the work hours?? Your sure being away from your baby a LOT for how little she is. Why even have a baby, if your just going to give them to someone else to take care of everyday?
    Anonymous