• In the Spotlight:

Have you ever had a false neg???

I got a blood test done today and it was neg. and Im soooo sad. I was just curious if anyone got a false neg. Im curious if it is still to early to tell...My period still isnt due till 8-11.Thanks everyone!

ToberzMama

Asked by ToberzMama at 6:58 PM on Jan. 5, 2009 in Pregnancy

• it is very unusual to get a false pos....
    Anonymous

• No I have never had a false negative. I do know blood tests are very accurate. Good luck:)
    Anonymous

• Just try again next month?
    Anonymous

• false positives on pee tests yes, false blood tests not possible I dont think. You only need like 5 hcg to be in your system according to my midwife, which is like 2-3 days after implantation. (I was concerned at 12 dpo I would not be positive, that is what she told me, and mine came back at 251)
    lasombrs

Answer by lasombrs at 7:19 PM on Jan. 5, 2009

• If you got a BLOOD test, then it would detect any HCG in your blood and there is no way it would be negative if you were pregnant. I am very sorry for your disappointment. Better luck to you and lots of baby dust this month.
    AlliO2

Answer by AlliO2 at 7:21 PM on Jan. 5, 2009