8-year-old birthday party.

My boy is turning 8 and we are having a b-day party in our home. We are only inviting 4 boys from his class and are having a sleepover. Does anybody know of some fun birthday games for this age group? I think they will play wii most of the time, but I just wanted to do a couple b-day games. I don't know whats cool anymore:) Any suggestions?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 6:59 PM on Jan. 5, 2009 in School-Age Kids (5-8)

• If you have a game system you can rent Rock Band or Guitar Hero and let them play that. You can also rent movies, maybe slightly scary with popcorn etc. You can also have a scavenger hunt with small prizes. You can take them to the movies. I did that with my dd when she was 12 and had 4 girls over and we took a cab and they had a ball. They felt grown up lol and joked and carried on.

Answer by gemgem at 7:15 PM on Jan. 5, 2009

• I know you want to stay home, but i took my 8yr old to chucky cheese and he and his friends loved it
    determind

Answer by determind at 7:57 PM on Jan. 5, 2009

• I would get english muffins or roll out pizza crust and let them make their own pizzas and make your-own sundaes. I know you didnt ask about food but that was always my favorite part of sleepovers! lol
    TanyaR1024

Answer by TanyaR1024 at 11:04 PM on Jan. 5, 2009

• In place of the roll out dough for pizza you could use regular 10 count cans of biscuits add a lil spagetti sauce and cheese and let the personalize their pizza then you cook them so they don't get burned.
    Operation SpongeBob SquarePants Skill Game
    $19.97 @ walmart.com
    Scooby-Doo Haunted House Game (2-5 players)
    $14.84 @ walmart.com
    Twister
    $15.78 @ walmart.com

Just a few suggestions for ya hope it helps. I have a 8 year old who will be 9 May28 and am starting to plan for his party also.

Tygermommanikki

Answer by Tygermommanikki at 1:49 PM on Jan. 6, 2009

• My nephews got each guest a flashlight instead of a goody bag and they played flashlight tag... they love it and it gets them running around to burn off some energy.
    ria7

Answer by ria7 at 9:45 AM on Jan. 7, 2009

• My son loves pokemon, I went online and found a free print your own pokemon bingo game and the kids loved it.
    Ilovejonathan01

Answer by Ilovejonathan01 at 1:02 AM on Jan. 8, 2009