My boyfriends mom!

My boyfriend of almost two years mother got out a photo album the other night. in it were photos of him in high school of him and his girlfriend then. His mother preceded to tell me how long they went out, then went on to another girl he dated. All along he just sat there and said nothing. I guess she did this to his ex wife too. That was over twenty five years ago he dated these girls and she has to still brag about it. Is this strange or what?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 7:07 PM on Jan. 5, 2009 in Relationships

• It is slightly strange. Maybe you should get a nice picture of you and your boyfriend so she can add it to the book and keep it current.
    TurksMommy

Answer by TurksMommy at 7:09 PM on Jan. 5, 2009

• No not really. She is his mom and maybe she wants you to know about his dating history for whatever reason. Fact is he is with you now so thats all that matters. All moms have weird quirks when their kids get older. Just grin and bare it. Youre dating him not his mom.

Answer by gemgem at 7:09 PM on Jan. 5, 2009

• yea thats really strange... maybe she was trying to mak you jealous or something.. but your boyfriend shoud have @least said something to her.
    mari_mommie

Answer by mari_mommie at 7:09 PM on Jan. 5, 2009

• You're right-that is strange!
    Anonymous

• if it has been that long then i think it's odd. although i don't think it's anything to be mad at bf about or even her. she probably feels these girls were better then you. how would she know, right. silly moms. my mother likes to get into my business and told my ex that i had to break it off with my current bf cause he wanted to marry me which i supposedly didn't too, wasn't true. what was true or would of worked great was that my new bf (after the ex i supposedly i broke up with) did want to marry me and we did. she didn't have to lie after all. she just wanted to hurt him cause he had hurt me. she should of just waited and it would of been all true accept for the breaking up part and another guy.
    melody77

Answer by melody77 at 7:35 PM on Jan. 5, 2009

• Maybe she was just talking, explaining the story behind the picture a little? From 25 years ago, I doubt I'd be too threatened by it, or think anyone else would be. Maybe she wanted to show you what he looked like at that age and was just babbling on trying to make you feel more comfortable. If I'd had many pics of me in high school there's a good chance a guy would've been in most of them with me so I would hope that hubby would see that it was a long long long time ago and I obviously am not with that guy anymore but not expect my family to throw out any pics of me growing up just because the other person isn't in my life anymore.
    lisa_ann_p

Answer by lisa_ann_p at 7:51 PM on Jan. 5, 2009

• i was goin thru my mil's photo album,

and i found my hubbys ex fiance, in there with him holding hands ...kissing,..lol

i burnt them ;o)
    Anonymous

• My MIL had a framed picture of my husband's ex girlfriend in a photo of all of them on vacation in mexico or some shit. It was on display the entire time we were going out and engaged, once we got married I don't think it was on display anymore, although I haven't looked for it. Maybe they don't realize how rude it is.
    BLoNdIe121679

Answer by BLoNdIe121679 at 8:05 PM on Jan. 5, 2009

• MIL's can do the strangest things & usually there is something behind it. I'm not saying ALWAYS but I know that there was on mine. The best thing to do is definitely respond to such notions that she may throw your way in a respectful way but be sure that you let her know that you are not playing "the game". If you find that looking at the photos while she brags about his ex. is unsettling, then I would somehow let her know that it has made you feel uncomfortable or say something funny like "Well, I must have done something right because he's not with them, he's with me!" & then kiss him. ( ;   Besides,  She still is his mother regardless BUT as a woman yourself & a human being, You shouldn't allow the lack of respect.  She will later get the hint & treat you like an individual & not just "her son's girl".

onespecialmom

Answer by onespecialmom at 8:19 PM on Jan. 5, 2009

• I don't know, it would have to be one of those... you had to be there kinda things... if she was like snide about it, i would find it rude, but if she stayed the say from girl to sport pics, then i think she's just tell you all there is to know about her son.
    xxhazeldovexx

Answer by xxhazeldovexx at 8:39 PM on Jan. 5, 2009