Should I feel bad about not eating her cooking?

My SO's mother lives with us and likes to cook. Most of the time she cooks, I eat it. But sometimes I want something different and will eat something else and he gets all offended. Its nothing against her cooking but I sometimes have something else in mind. I truly like what she makes but I don't want to offend her.

LaurenKaye29

Asked by LaurenKaye29 at 7:17 PM on Jan. 5, 2009 in Just for Fun

• Eat something else! I don't eat my MIL's food because she licks her fingers when she cooks and it grosses me out. I don't feel bad about this nor do I feel like I have to explain myself:)
    Anonymous

• I think your allowed to have complete free will as to what food you put in your mouth.
    Farrahann

Answer by Farrahann at 7:22 PM on Jan. 5, 2009

• Yuuuck!!!! I can't stand licking fingers...

I wouldn't eat it either. One time his mother made fish and it was sooo raw, the inside of it was cold. I knew because when I cut it, I couldn't cut into it. It was frozen on the inside!!! I never took a bit thank goodness. I could just tell by sticking my finger in the food.
    LaurenKaye29

Answer by LaurenKaye29 at 7:24 PM on Jan. 5, 2009

• When I cook at home I always ask, "Who is hungry?". I don't just whip up a meal and expect everyone to eat it. Most of the time they want to fix something else anyways.
    Southerncharmes

Answer by Southerncharmes at 7:24 PM on Jan. 5, 2009

• I think its fine to say no thanks if youre craving something else. My dd and her fiance used to live with me and I cooked everyday. Sometimes they werent in the mood for whatever I cooked so they went out to eat. I was never offended.

Answer by gemgem at 7:24 PM on Jan. 5, 2009

• Maybe she cooks all the time b/c she's trying to help. I would just say something like, you cook all the time...I want to cook for you tonight
    Anonymous

• i dont think you have to eat it all the time. We live with family and my MIL cooks alot of the meals but i dont always eat it sometimes i just dont feel like eating what she makes i like her cooking or atleast most of it.
    Mommy2B04

Answer by Mommy2B04 at 7:27 PM on Jan. 5, 2009

• I hardly ever eat my MIL's cooking because her cooking really grosses me out. Plus, it doesnt help that she cant cook well. We lived with them for 2 yrs, and from those 2 yrs I ate her cooking 2 or 3 times, and I had to force myself. I think that if you dont want it, dont eat it.
    Anonymous

• eat what ever you want. she lives with you and cooks what she wants . i dont see why you have to do as she would like.
    nannybopeep

Answer by nannybopeep at 4:35 PM on Jan. 6, 2009