Pressure!!!!

I found out today that my daughter's shoulder is lodged under my pubic bone and this is what is causing me so much pain. Has anyone else had this experience and if so what did you do for the pain? It is seriously excruciating. Laying down hurts the worst (imagine how well sleeping is going)...I can stand and sit, but I can't do either for longer than about 10 mins and I constantly have to change positions. My vag feels like it is on fire. I don't know what the heck to do...pain relievers or ice or heat or anything I can think of wont move her out from under my bone! I'm miserable. Something needs to change.

kabbot01

Asked by kabbot01 at 7:26 PM on Jan. 5, 2009 in Pregnancy

• Stand on your head...just joking. I am so sorry. Did they say if there way anything you can do? How far along are you?
    a_and_j_momma

Answer by a_and_j_momma at 7:28 PM on Jan. 5, 2009

• I'm 38 weeks. I found out today I'll probably have to have a c-section but they want to wait another week. I want this baby out NOW. Not only is she positioned badly, but the dr thinks she is a heavy 8 pounds or light 9lbs. I don't know what a "light" nine pounds is...but I'm pretty sure a "light" nine pounds only exists to a man! lol I swear to you she is trying to pry herself out of me. I've heard people refer to the "ring of fire" and I swear to you it is what I feel like right now.
    kabbot01

Answer by kabbot01 at 7:43 PM on Jan. 5, 2009

• Im almost 39 weeks and im having the same issues as you and my Dr wont do anything besides say go home and REST!!! yeah right!!!
    scaredmommy08

Answer by scaredmommy08 at 8:12 PM on Jan. 5, 2009

• Ugh, I have no idea what to tell you.. besides maybe message a few of the friendly Doula's on here for advice? They may have some tips for positions you can lay or rest in that may help with pain or even help her dislodge herself. I'm sorry you're in so much pain.
    Serafyna

Answer by Serafyna at 8:17 PM on Jan. 5, 2009

• Yeah, resting is a joke! laying down hurts worse than any other position.
    kabbot01

Answer by kabbot01 at 8:17 PM on Jan. 5, 2009

• Oh, sorry, that was to scaredmommy...I would be willing to do anything right now to help myself out of this pain. Positions would be great.
    kabbot01

Answer by kabbot01 at 8:21 PM on Jan. 5, 2009

• DO you have a birth ball? That's supposed to work to get the baby in the proper position, so they say. Midwives advise sitting on one for the last 6-8 wks. of pregnancy to get the baby in the right position, as lying down, slouching on the couch just make it worse.
    danielp

Answer by danielp at 12:06 PM on Jan. 6, 2009