Finding Mr. Right with the same beliefs

Am i alone in thinking that it is very hard to find a nice guy with a good spiritual foundation? Im either "too perfect" or not "free" enough. I dont get it!

olivia101

Asked by olivia101 at 7:37 PM on Jan. 5, 2009 in Religion & Beliefs

• Have you tried eHarmony? I had 2 friends that went on & they are both dating. One of them where dead set on not going on a site to find a match but I like eHarmony because they only set you with match by what YOU are looking for in a man. It's the same way with the man as well. It has to be a match that works for you both & then you have to do small steps online before meeting. You should try it & get what you ask for & not of the Rift Raft that keeps you wasting time. You have a right to be picky, especially choosing the right man.

onespecialmom

Answer by onespecialmom at 8:00 PM on Jan. 5, 2009

• I'm not sure how finding mister right works, lol. I just broke it off with my bf of 6 years, and when I'm ready to find mister right I'd like some advise as well.
    xxhazeldovexx

Answer by xxhazeldovexx at 8:17 PM on Jan. 5, 2009

• Pray.

No, seriously. Pray. And wait. Well, wait while you get on with your life. Honestly. I had given up on finding Mr Right, and then God dropped him in my lap. I couldn't get away from him - I tried twice LOL!! When it's ordained by God, it'll happen. If you aren't already tied up with someone else because you got impatient.

Cheap words, I know. But I remember that aching loneliness, and how it felt.
    Redteux

Answer by Redteux at 8:23 PM on Jan. 5, 2009

• I agree with Redteux....I was praying for the right one whenever God saw fit, and it happened when I wasn't looking. I didn't even really like him like that. God even told my then boyfriend that I would be his wife, and I was like "well He hasn't said anything like that to me"! But 2 years later we were married!
    In the meantime just be passionate about life and the things you love. He will come along.
    MamaChamp

Answer by MamaChamp at 12:54 AM on Jan. 6, 2009

• Finding a spiritual man is a good thing but I wouldn't worry too much about believing the EXACT same thing in all doctrinal issues. Hopefully your faith will blossom and mature throughout the years and understanding will become more concrete. This is something you do together.
    jaimie175

Answer by jaimie175 at 10:09 AM on Jan. 6, 2009

• i always dated men of the same religious beliefs and when the lord saw fit for someone for me to marry it happened. like another girl mentioned. my husband had a feeling he was going to marry me the very first time he saw me. he didn't know why but he was right in his feeling sense we are married. the lord found us a perfect match although neither one of us is perfect in ourselves
    melody77

Answer by melody77 at 1:08 PM on Jan. 6, 2009