My 7month old son is extremely whiny.

My 7 month old son has been very whiny lately. He also cries over any small thing, and is very clingy.
He's also not sleeping through the night. He's been waking up a couple times now. And its about every 1-2 hours. Its driving me insane. He will wake up to eat, or for me to just put the pacifier in his mouth. Sometimes he cries, just to cry.

I feel like since he knows my boyfriend and I would run to him, he takes advantage. I heard about the whole 'let him cry out' thing. But I don't feel comfortable doing it. I hate hearing him cry...And he just keeps crying and crying.

Should I start letting him cry it out?
Its starting to really drive me crazy LOL.

Macy1388

Asked by Macy1388 at 1:26 PM on Oct. 21, 2011 in Babies (0-12 months)

• Absolutely let him cry. You should be able to tell the difference between his cries, meaning if he' s wet or needs a diaper change vs. being hurt. He knows that you will be there for his every need. Good luck.
    MsRickie

Answer by MsRickie at 1:50 PM on Oct. 21, 2011

• Personally I wouldn't allow my son (almost 7 months old) to CIO yet. When my son cries/fusses now, it's because he does still need something: food, binkie, comfort. I don't enjoy waking up out of a nice sleep, but I do enjoy filling his needs...
    GoodyBrook

Answer by GoodyBrook at 2:01 PM on Oct. 21, 2011

• My first thought is, is he teething? I know when my daughter acted like that, at that age, she was teething. She would cry, mostly at night, wake up several times during the night even though she'd been sleeping 9-10 hours a night straight since about 2 months old. She was really clingy also. You should be able to tell the difference in his cries. We never did the whole CIO thing. If she was just fussing and making noises in the middle of the night I'd wait and see if she put herself back to sleep or if it escalated. If she was actually crying I would go comfort her. But I knew her well and she never cried unless she was hungry, sick or teething.
    SMG1120

Answer by SMG1120 at 12:41 AM on Oct. 22, 2011