Why am I always tired??

I am a 27 (almost 28) year old single mother of a three year old. I work 42 plus hours a week for an attorney/judge as a legal secretary...I go to bed every night at least by ten but i ALWAYS seem sleepy...even if I go to bed extra early i never wake up feeling rested...can anyone offer suggestions..is this normal?

Sunshine38585

Asked by Sunshine38585 at 7:38 PM on Jan. 5, 2009 in Health

• start taking woman's one a day's :)

my hubby started taking them and he said it's amazing the difference they make anda he can tell when he doesn't take them
    krazyash023

Answer by krazyash023 at 7:41 PM on Jan. 5, 2009

• my hubby does the samething and my mom has been doing it also they wake up even tired than when they went to bed. hubby dr at the va he is in the national guard gave him some kind of med that helps him relax but doesnt put him to sleep call a dr you might have like a vit. blance off kinda thing. good luck
    Wyattsmom205

Answer by Wyattsmom205 at 7:44 PM on Jan. 5, 2009

• You might want to get your thyroid checked, I have hyperthyroidism and no matter how much sleep I get I am always exhausted.
    sammiesmom2000

Answer by sammiesmom2000 at 7:46 PM on Jan. 5, 2009

• Try taking vitamin B12.  It worked for me on my doctors recommendation.

beeky

Answer by beeky at 7:53 PM on Jan. 5, 2009

• I saw on the doctors today that it could be a number of things from your pillow to the lighting in your room, maybe you should check out the doctors website to see if it is helpful!
    determind

Answer by determind at 7:55 PM on Jan. 5, 2009

• Go to the store & get B12/B6 Tablets. They are good for you & a healthy energy booster. I also recommend www.juiceplus.com Do research on it & you will find out that it's ONLY fruits in vegetables dried & stored in a capsule. They where made for one's who don't have a regular daily intake on the fruits & veggies. My entire family are on these & have been for years, they have had made alot of positive results & especially on my energy level.
    onespecialmom

Answer by onespecialmom at 7:56 PM on Jan. 5, 2009

• I feel the same way. I have 9 month old, I get at least 7 hours of sleep, that should be plenty right? I"m thinkin, I just need a total body cleanse and get back on my vitamins! Or maybe it could be your bed...? I've heard that if you have the wrong type of bed for your body, you'll always feel like you haven't gotten a full nights rest. I don't know how true that is, =/
    ReginaGallo

Answer by ReginaGallo at 7:56 PM on Jan. 5, 2009

• I agree with someone else here who suggested getting your thyroid checked. Also, are you getting enough water and eating enough balanced meals? Exercise can also help. I've noticed that when i work out regularly i sleep better and feel more rested. You may also have one of the sleep conditions, such as restless leg syndrome, which often makes a person feel as if they didn't get enough sleep. Look into everything and i'm sure you'll find the answer.
    Summersnowflake

Answer by Summersnowflake at 8:01 PM on Jan. 5, 2009

• I agree with dermind. So many things can cause you to still feel tired even something you would never think of like allergies or a bacterial infection with no symptoms. Your mind could not be resting cause you not to rest. You are sleep but not completely. I read that your body reacts to light and sound even when you are asleep. There are so many things that could contribute to it.
    VaDivaMom

Answer by VaDivaMom at 8:27 PM on Jan. 5, 2009

• SUNSHINE!! I USED TO STAY UP LATE SO I COULD SLEEP BETTER BUT DID NOT WORK AND COULD NOT WAIT TO GET UP THE NEXT MORNING!!! NOW I GOT THE SLEEP NUMBER BED AND CAN'T WAIT TO GET IN IT AND DON'T WANT TO GET OUT OF IT IN THE MORNING..I REST SO WELL!!! I ALSO GOT THEIR PILLOW TOO!!!
    dakotamoon

Answer by dakotamoon at 8:48 PM on Jan. 5, 2009