My dd doesn't seem to want the bottle anymore?

She's 7 mths.old and she just wants to eat baby food! Not to mention,if someone is eating anywhere near her! She wants real food! I try to make sure she gets atleast 24 oz.of formula each day, but it seems like I'm forcing her to drink it.I've tried to indroduce her to sippy cups in hopes that she would drink formula better from one of those but she doesn't want anything to do with a cup yet! I'm at a loss! Any advice?

pinkclover

Asked by pinkclover at 7:51 PM on Jan. 5, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• Can you mix the formula in the food? When I was having the same problem I would mix it in with her baby food. I made my own so I would throw it in there with the food. It was a little runny and messy but at least she was getting her liquids. It worked great with mashed potatoes and mashed sweet potatoes or anything you pureed yourself. I just threw the formula right in there with it. Somtimes you gotta be sneeky!
    GraciesMommy25

Answer by GraciesMommy25 at 9:45 PM on Jan. 5, 2009

• If she's eating table food then she might not need as much formula. You can probably try watered down juice (try to find one that isn't from concentrate or has added stuff to it like sugar). 7 months is a little young but she wouldn't be trying to eat if she wasn't ready.
    amethystrse

Answer by amethystrse at 7:56 PM on Jan. 5, 2009

• We try not to feed her table food unless it's something like mashed potatoes or something else really soft. She doesn't have any teeth yet so I stick to baby food for the most part. My son was on whole milk @ 8 mths. and I know they don't recommend this but could this be the problem? Is she just sick of formula?
    pinkclover

Answer by pinkclover at 8:01 PM on Jan. 5, 2009

• Try town house crackers, even though she dont have teeth they get soft as she sucks on them. If she dont want the bottle dont force it, try giving her the formula in a cup. Or if your dr. thinks it okay take her off of the formula, I did at nine months and my child is fine!
    Madilynsmommy27

Answer by Madilynsmommy27 at 3:24 PM on Jan. 6, 2009