Paper route?

I was looking online for information about a paper route for my oldest son, but you have to be 11 and he's only 8. But I got to thinking, if I should do one. I've been looking for a way to make money from home, I could take the kids with me. The paper has to be delivered by 5 pm during the week and 8 am on the weekends, which I'm not too crazy about getting up that early on the weekends, but maybe I could try it for a little while to make some cash. I don't know if I could do it in the wintertime with all the snow. Have any of you had a paper route ?

Bethsunshine

Asked by Bethsunshine at 11:53 AM on Jul. 16, 2008 in Money & Work

• I havent but one of my cose family members has one. She only was able to stick with it for about 3 months. She has to do 3 more weeks of it. It is very hard with kids (depending on their ages) If you think you could do it it is a good way to make some money and get some excersise!! You 8 year old could definatly help you out and make some money :) Good Luck
    MommyMel03

Answer by MommyMel03 at 12:00 PM on Jul. 16, 2008

• My hubby and I did one for about 2 years in Harrisburg Pa!! We had to have our papers delivered by 6 am every day of the week. We started while I was pregnant with my oldest and did it until she was about 1 and 1/2!! It was nice to have the extra money but we just got to the point where it was more than we could handle and if we wanted to go away we had to find someone to cover for us and that was hard to do. We eventually decided that was enough but the extra money was nice when we were getting it!!
    Hersheyhugs

Answer by Hersheyhugs at 12:19 PM on Jul. 16, 2008

• I think it sounds nice. If your 8 yr old helps, of course he could earn some money as well.
    TXdanielly

Answer by TXdanielly at 3:57 PM on Jul. 16, 2008

• my hubby and i had a paper route for a few years and my father also had one off and on for several years. they are alot of work and it is hard to find someone to cover your route that you can trust. if your not wanting to be tied down to that kind of work i really suggest you find something else to do. the kids may think its fun at first but they will get tired of it pretty quick im sure. papre routes are no fun believe me. youll probably have to get up really early in the mornings and if your not a morning person that makes it that much harder to get up. sure the money is nice and all but its really not worth the stress it puts on your body.
    rebelchick

Answer by rebelchick at 5:20 PM on Jul. 20, 2008