Any moms who delivered a baby in the hospital themselves as patient after delivery?

or am I the only one? I was in for 10 days after a tough csection with a fever and an infection. I've never met another mom who's been hospitalized themselves after delivery. My baby was fine but I was beat to say the least.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 8:02 PM on Jan. 5, 2009 in Relationships

• i do not understand what you are asking? sorry...
    Bearsjen

Answer by Bearsjen at 8:08 PM on Jan. 5, 2009

• I was a patient for a couple of days after my c-section. Most moms spend at least a day in the hospital after a c-section.
    Kaelaasmom

Answer by Kaelaasmom at 8:11 PM on Jan. 5, 2009

• Thank you, I did word that weird as if asking if any one delivered their own baby themselves in the hospital. What I mean is I'm wondering if any mom had a tough delivery and ended up being the patient in the hospital because of complications in themselves. I had a rough labor and then section and was very late in delivering. An infection and fever in me kept me in the hospital for over a week. I'm wondering if any other mom was hospitalized longer than 3 to 5 days being the patient themself after delivery?
    Anonymous

• Yes!! I was on medication prior to delivery to stop contractions (I had PTL). Then, I ended up with a placental abruption and had to deliver by emergency c-section. Well, the medication kept my uterus from contracting so I wouldn't stop bleeding! I ended up having to get multiple transfusions and suffered from severe anemia, high blood pressure and LOTS of extra fluid. Then, the day they were going to send me home, I suffered a blood clot in my lung. I was hospitalized for 10 days after delivery. My twins were in the NICU for 28 days, so I was able to visit them often while I was in the hospital.
    patsfan013

Answer by patsfan013 at 8:33 PM on Jan. 5, 2009

• I wasn't in as long but I was supposed to go home at 8 pm August 12, 6 hours after I delivered. However, they kept me three days because I had the worst eczema outbreak I had since I was 2.
    OneToughMami

Answer by OneToughMami at 8:36 PM on Jan. 5, 2009

• What? What do you mean did anyone deliver their own baby?? I don't understand, even after you clarified it. Sorry. I had to stay in the hospital a week and a half after giving birth, but I only have one kidney and it was functioning poorly. Hope you're okay now. :)
    Anonymous

• I had a routine delivery of my first child, and due to him being born just after midnight was given an extra day in the hospital but on the day we were to check out, my son had his billirubin (jaundice) levels checked--he became an orange brown color, and whites of eyes turned yellow--so I ended up staying in the hospital with him for an extra 4 days so he could receive light therapy to eliminate the billirubin from his system! Talk about being freaked out...first child, post natal hormonal loopiness, no sleep...what a nightmare!
    LoriKeet

Answer by LoriKeet at 9:21 PM on Jan. 5, 2009