ganing to much weight????

im 33 weeks and went to my doc today
my starting weight was 144 and now im 185
and i gained 10 pounds since my last visit
he says its just cuz of the holidays and everything
but it kinda worries me cuz he said i need to try and not gain much more
does that mean i stop eating as much or keep eating the same and hope not to gain much more

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 8:06 PM on Jan. 5, 2009 in Pregnancy

• Just try to eat healthier. Now is not the time to limit your intake. The baby needs vitamins. You are in the home stretch now.
    Jazak

Answer by Jazak at 8:08 PM on Jan. 5, 2009

• wow that is kinda much but if you drink whole milk drop down the maybe 2% or 1% lay off the soda that is what a friend of mine did she gained 75 lbs with her 1st and she is still carring it around. good luck
    Wyattsmom205

Answer by Wyattsmom205 at 8:10 PM on Jan. 5, 2009

• Definitely BF that will help you drop weight when hes born. Most woman are 15 lbs over there prepregnancy weight at there 6 week visit, I BF only and am only 2 lbs over. Try to avoid those sugar cravings by eating natural sugars fruits, veggies, yogurt. Those helped me. GL
    ArmyWife112908

Answer by ArmyWife112908 at 8:21 PM on Jan. 5, 2009

• Yeah, you're getting up there...it happens. I'm up 35lbs with a couple weeks to go and I'm worried about it too because it really does suck to lose. You can't put yourself on a diet while you're pregnant, but really focus on eating good, nutritious foods. You have to get a lot of protein, calcium and vitamins in, but limit your fats and extras that don't necessarily have much nutritional value.
    kabbot01

Answer by kabbot01 at 8:32 PM on Jan. 5, 2009

• I gained 50 pounds with my first pregnancy, and didn't breastfeed. I lost all the weight within 12 months, by just controlling my portions and taking frequent walks. Don't beat yourself up over the weight gain. My best friend breastfed her twins for 14 months, and she is still 10 pounds more than what she weighed at her post-partum visit. Everybody is different. Good luck with your baby!!
    StarLee

Answer by StarLee at 8:39 PM on Jan. 5, 2009

• i gained 60lbs with my first 2 and im almost 26weeks now and ive already gained 35..if you're hungry eat. if youre worried about your weight, eat healthy. my dr tries to bitch but if im hungry im gonna eat and theres nothing they're gonna say to stop me.
    tnteaton

Answer by tnteaton at 3:13 AM on Jan. 6, 2009