What does it REALLY mean to LOVE YOURSELF

I still dont get it. I hear it ALL the time in therapy (I am in a bad marriage) and on here on cafemom, but I dont get it. Can someone please tell me what this means?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 8:11 PM on Jan. 5, 2009 in Just for Fun

• It means to be happy with who you are. To know who you are. To have value in yourself.
    Jazak

Answer by Jazak at 8:12 PM on Jan. 5, 2009

• To be at peace with yourself. It really is hard to explain. It will all make sense once you acheive it:) Wayne Dyer books are really good at explaining how to be at peace and love yourself. Good luck.
    Anonymous

• i would say it means to realize that you are valuable. because you ARE weather you believe it right now or not! you are capable of giving love to others and contributing to society, even if its casting your vote on election day. you are unique and you dont have to try to fit into any pigeon hole. you can love yourself for who you are.
    amygrace419

Answer by amygrace419 at 8:26 PM on Jan. 5, 2009

• To love yourself is even loving the things that you want to change the most about yourself. Embrace it all! for example I feel like I can be too nice at times & don't use caution, even on people who don't deserve it but,that's just who I am & I accept it & still love who I am. You can still try to change things but learn to be okay with yourself even if you may think your not perfect. Your son or daughter may not think they are the perfect child to themselves or maybe even to others, but as a mother, You love your child & in your eyes they are perfect no matter what.
    onespecialmom

Answer by onespecialmom at 8:30 PM on Jan. 5, 2009

• Well....how do you treat someone you love? You don't expect them to be perfect, you forgive them when they make mistakes, you see the good things much more clearly than the bad....
    BJoan

Answer by BJoan at 8:54 PM on Jan. 5, 2009

• To love yourself means to have inner peace within yourself and internal happiness. Only you can find that by just taking control of the things in your life and creating peace for yourself. Look into the mirror, do you see your beauty. If not make changes to yourself to make you beautiful. Things like that lead to loving yourself.
    VaDivaMom

Answer by VaDivaMom at 9:09 PM on Jan. 5, 2009

• To respect yourself. To stand up for yourself and not let people walk all over you. To speak up with your opinion.
    zboys

Answer by zboys at 11:50 PM on Jan. 5, 2009