Weird family tree question.

I know that family is family no matter what but I have a question. If your grandmother was remarried (to someone other than your mother/father's father) by the time you were born, would that still be your STEP grandfather? Or your real one since they were married when you were born? LOL Does that make sense? I know that obviously wouldn't make him related by blood but what would you consider it? It doesn't matter either way, I was just thinking about weird things and want opinions. Thanks!

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 8:15 PM on Jan. 5, 2009 in Just for Fun

• Stepgrandfather
    LaurenKaye29

Answer by LaurenKaye29 at 8:18 PM on Jan. 5, 2009

• Ditto, but I would imagine you would refer to him as grandpa. For the sake of the Family tree though it would be step grandfather
    missymel

Answer by missymel at 8:27 PM on Jan. 5, 2009

• I say if he made a positive impact. I say he's your grandfather, and i think he should be treated as such. If he was an ass, he can kiss ass. I still wouldn't treat my biological grandfather any different.
    Zarviemom19

Answer by Zarviemom19 at 8:39 PM on Jan. 5, 2009

• My grandmother was married to a man before I was born and I knew him as my grandfather. Psychologically he was my grandfather. Genetically he wasn't. My feelings about him were the same as any grandpa. He was a nice man, who was good to me. Unfortunately he died when I was very young but I have nice memories of him.
    BJoan

Answer by BJoan at 8:46 PM on Jan. 5, 2009

• My mother's mother died when my mom was very young, and my grandfather remarried her. I called her grandma, but technically, she was my step-grandmother. I do refer to her (she died about 8 yrs ago) that way sometimes, depends on who I'm talking to. I've been working on my family tree for months now, and when I am talking to someone in relation to that, I do call her my stepgrandma, to clarify between her and my bio grandmother. On the family tree, you would (unless you didn't have the name) have the first spouse listed, so it would be clear that they were a step grandparent, unless they adopted the child(ren).
    tropicalmama

Answer by tropicalmama at 9:49 PM on Jan. 5, 2009