Who has the IUD?

Im getting mine Friday and was wondering:

Do you like your IUD?
Does your hubby feel the strings during sex?
How long did the discomfort last after you got it put in?

ArmyWife112908

Asked by ArmyWife112908 at 8:26 PM on Jan. 5, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• I had it for 5.5 years after my second was born. I LOVED it. I loved that I did not have to worry about pills or shots or anything. The only time that hubby felt anything was in the begining and that was because I got it too soon after my son was born and it had slipped out a little while my cervix and such were still getting back to normal. He said that he felt like he was being used for a pin cushion. After I had it fixed he never said anything about being able to feel it or anything. The discomfort only lasted a second. it was like a pinch and then gone.
    vbongard

Answer by vbongard at 8:33 PM on Jan. 5, 2009

• I love my IUD. The discomfort was only for a couple of hours. The doc told me to take 4 ibprofren before I came it to help. Hubby doesn't feel a thing. I have had mine for almost 5 years now. I got the copper one not the Mirena. I wanted absolutely no hormones, plus the copper one lasts for 10 years instead of 5 (I am done having kids).
    Jazak

Answer by Jazak at 8:30 PM on Jan. 5, 2009

• I had one and in less than 24 hours it traveled to my stomach and I had to have surgery to get it removed. I would strongly suggest not getting one. There's too many risks and I ignored them but I wish I would have listened.
    Anonymous

• OKay I have had some really bad luck with contraceptives since I had Kelsey. I got the depo shot and it made me flow so bad! The dr said it could last for a year!! Well I thought since I was already bleeding I might as well just get the IUD. Well that just made everything worse! I got it in September and it's now January.....I quit bleeding maybe twice for like a day so I know the depo is out of my system and its just the IUD making me bleed. Plus the color of the blood looks different so I know its the IUD. I am having this thing removed tomorrow!! I have been on my "lady days" for 8 months!! lol I am fed up! I am not saying it could happen to you. You might have a good experience but as for me I hate all contraceptives now and once this thing is out I am never using and birth control again!!
    SMWatson8521

Answer by SMWatson8521 at 10:41 AM on Jan. 7, 2009