if your child came to you one day adn told you they were gay

what would your inital reaction be

coudl you live with it

would you disown them

try to change them

would you allow their pratner to come over

would you support them

would you think differntly of them

coudl you ever get over it

would you react differently if it was your dd then if was your ds

heres my answer:
my son is only 2 but if one day he came and said mommy i like boys id say cool son.. i like boys and girls.. if he had boyfirend i would accept him into the family same as if he had a gf i would do the same for a daughter i do not beilve gay is a chioce so i would never question him or try to chance him id be toatolly cool with who he was love is love and i would just be glad he was happy

JrsMommy07

Asked by JrsMommy07 at 8:31 PM on Jan. 5, 2009 in Relationships

• Both me and my husband are bisexual. If DS (or DD if we ever have one) told us he was bi, gay, straight it wouldn't matter. Both of us want him to feel he can tell us anything and we want him to know we will accept and love and support him no matter what. It isn't something that can be changed; it's the way some are made. I would rather my children know they will always be loved and accepted than fear anything else. And where my husband and I are concerned, at least he will have a good example of a loving and committed relationship. Should he ever ask when he is old enough if we are straight or not, we'll be honest. At least then he'll see that it doesn't matter - love comes in all forms. And that we'll always be there for him.
    rosewolfkin

Answer by rosewolfkin at 11:26 PM on Jan. 5, 2009

• i wouldn't like it..but i wouldn't disown her or belittle her in anyway.
    SummersMamma

Answer by SummersMamma at 8:33 PM on Jan. 5, 2009

• It would not be an issue for me. I would have no problem accepting in and I would support them completely and their partners would be welcome in my family. My only 'concern' would be that not everyone is accepting of homosexuality and I would hate to see my child face hatred and discrimination... I can't control the world at large but they would never face hatred or discrimination in their own home!
    Freela

Answer by Freela at 8:39 PM on Jan. 5, 2009

• Well, I would be pretty shocked at first, truthfully. I know I would except it, I would allow his partner to come over.. Honestly, it would be kinda weird for me. I wouln't try CHANGE him, I love my son unconditionally, I would never disown him. If anything, I would ask him to forgive me, because I would need time to adjust. I highly doubt it would take THAT long. Like you said, as long as he is happy, I'll be happy.
    ReginaGallo

Answer by ReginaGallo at 8:41 PM on Jan. 5, 2009

• i would never ever disown my children (son) for what they do.. but like the same way if my son came to me and told me he was addicted to drugs or were and alcoholic i would cry and I would hit my knee's and pray for them (him). but i would never disown.
    krazyash023

Answer by krazyash023 at 8:43 PM on Jan. 5, 2009

• My t hree kids between teens and mid twenties have ALWAYS known that their goodness matters not their sexuality.
    Anonymous

• wouldn;t matter to me, he is still my son
    AShleyvpimpin

Answer by AShleyvpimpin at 8:59 PM on Jan. 5, 2009

• Honestly since I have only 1 child I would probably mourn a bit for the expectations we have of having a daughter in law someday- he's only 15 now- but I would still love and accept him. I would also be a bit sad for the hard times he will have to face, but supportive when they came.
    Anonymous

• As long as she is happy, I am happy.
    LovinMyMikayla

Answer by LovinMyMikayla at 9:13 PM on Jan. 5, 2009

• It wouldn't change the unconditional love and acceptance I feel for him. I would welcome his SO into my home regardless of their gender. Our home is the safe haven where our children are comfortable, safe, and secure. Sexual preference is not a choice. Who would choose such a difficult life where they will be the subject of hatred, fear, disgust, and rejection. My heart would break inside at the thought of how difficult his life might be, but he would still be the love of my life. Our church and community would also accept him.
    FreeHomeBiz

Answer by FreeHomeBiz at 9:30 PM on Jan. 5, 2009