how high of a temp for a baby is a fever?

my daughter is teething but her temperature is a little higher than usual..is it really just from teething or should i take her to the doctor?? her temp is 100.5

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 8:31 PM on Jan. 5, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• over 103 to the doctor , treat at home otherwise . A low grade temp like that could be from teething .
    Meshell7

Answer by Meshell7 at 8:33 PM on Jan. 5, 2009

• Not a bad temp. Give her some Tylenol and just keep watching her and checking her temp.

Anonymous

• and at 103 you don't need to go to the dr. Call your dr first and get their opinion. You need to worry about a 103 temp if the baby is 3 months and younger.
    Anonymous

• thanks that helps a lot I was really nervous about it..she's 9 months and has never had a fever..all new to me!!
    Anonymous

• My daughter's temp has been about 100.6 today too. I'm suspecting teething, or a little bug. I just give her a little fever reducer/pain reliever and keep an eye on her.
    BlessedMommy64

Answer by BlessedMommy64 at 8:37 PM on Jan. 5, 2009