I am 14 weeks pregnant with my first baby. All of my Doc appointments have gone well, and he is satisfied with things. However, I sometimes have an overwhelming feeling that something is wrong (though, it may be fine). Is it normal to feel this way or am I the only one? When will my anxiety subside?

mandylynn19875

Asked by mandylynn19875 at 12:00 PM on Jul. 16, 2008 in Pregnancy

• It's totally normal to feel that way. You might even feel that way through out your whole pregnancy. After you start feeling the baby move, you might be able to breathe better.
    jaschem

Answer by jaschem at 12:03 PM on Jul. 16, 2008

• yes it is completely normal. you can ask the doctor to check everything if you want to just to make sure. I have before. It may be a hunch. it may be something else, but it is normal to worry
    bluesubaru

Answer by bluesubaru at 1:09 PM on Jul. 16, 2008

• I think this is as normal as breathing. I'm 35 weeks pregnant and freak all the time. I'm high on soda because if I don't feel the baby moving for a sec, I panic. When I was about your time, I'll panic at the doctors because it'll take the nurse a little to get the heart beat. Is hard, but just take care of your self and do what the doctor says, and you'll be just fine. :)
    Little_Maria

Answer by Little_Maria at 1:17 PM on Jul. 16, 2008

• I agree is totally normal to be concern about your growing baby at all times. I'm 21 weeks pregnant and I'm a worry freak. I often panic if I don't feel my baby move after a certain period of time. Thank God this little girl is very active so I get to feel her every 2 hours. Try to relax a little everything will be alright...
    GodPRKitty

Answer by GodPRKitty at 3:03 PM on Jul. 16, 2008

• Definitely normal. Once you get pregnant, I don't think the worrying ever stops. All throughout the pregnancy I stressed. What if he has this problem? Or that? What if he is stillborn?

I just had too much time on my hands to think about stuff...that's what I get for quitting my job in the first trimester...LOL.

But now that he's here...I still look at him, and wonder if that is okay, or if this should be this way.

It never ends. And I think it's normal!
    MommytoNakoa

Answer by MommytoNakoa at 3:53 PM on Jul. 16, 2008

• totally normal. welcome to motherhood.
    princezzmommie

Answer by princezzmommie at 11:12 PM on Jul. 16, 2008

• Just rekax...everything you feel happen during pregnancy the first is scarey but is expected to be your borapidly changeing! you've made this far your doing great!
    mamactink

Answer by mamactink at 10:17 AM on Jul. 17, 2008