Another birth certificate "?"

I am going to have my baby in a few weeks and I am going to put my last name because to make a long story short my SO does not think its his baby (which it is I didnt cheat for anyone who askes) his family just dont like me. Well when I get the DNA test done and it show that its his can I change it to his?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 8:40 PM on Jan. 5, 2009 in Pregnancy

• Yes you can. My sister had it done.
    Christine0813

Answer by Christine0813 at 8:42 PM on Jan. 5, 2009

• why would you want to if he is denying the baby now
    jodi205

Answer by jodi205 at 8:42 PM on Jan. 5, 2009

• it would be a hassle but yes..but why would you want that?? if you're the only one thats going to be caring for this child and you're going threw this pregnancy on your own. YOU deserve to have the baby with your last name.
    Anonymous

• I've been there. If he doesn't want anything to do with the baby you need to give it your last name. It also makes things as far as doctor's appointments and things like that a lot easier. But yes you can get it changed. A little paperwork but it's not that big of a deal. My son's bio father did the same thing and even the nurse talked me out of giving him the last name and to this day I am very glad I didn't give him his bio father's last name.
    Anonymous

• It's not that much of a hassle (I'm Christine0813's sis, lol) Just don't purchase the birth certificate until after you get the name changed that way you won't be paying for it twice. It's also not a problem as far as doctor's appointments are concerned b/c you are listed as the child's mother, same last name or not. The biggest hassle is the s.s. card. You will have to have his old s.s. card and his birth letter and you will need his b.c. with the new last name and a medical card or something to that effect with his new last name on it as well. I wish I would've kept my son's last name as my own but as long as you are sure that he will be a good father once all doubt is removed these are the steps to take...PM me if you have any other ?s. Good luck:)
    micrespo

Answer by micrespo at 11:40 AM on Jan. 6, 2009