I know this may be a silly question but can you feel when your waters about to break?

Well with my DD i was induced kind of when the dr checked me to see if i was dilating he accidently broke my water and after that for some reasson my labor just stopped so they gave me potocin (sp?) and that was that.
This pregnancy im scared to death since i have really no clue what to excpect as far as the water breaking and contractions. But can you feel when your waters about to break or is it just smething that happenes with no warning??

GraciesMom52407

Asked by GraciesMom52407 at 12:00 PM on Jul. 16, 2008 in Pregnancy

• My water has broken spontaneously twice, and I did not know it was going to happen either time. The first time I wasn't even sure what had happened; all of the sudden I was just all wet. The second time I felt a "pop" when it happened, but by then it was too late to do anything about it. ;)
    sioleabha

Answer by sioleabha at 2:16 PM on Jul. 16, 2008

• Its something that happens without warning. The dr can feel if your bag of water is bulging, but that still doesnt mean anything. It just happens.
    jaschem

Answer by jaschem at 12:03 PM on Jul. 16, 2008

• My water never technically "broke". It just started leaking. It felt like I kept peeing my pants.
    sarah824

Answer by sarah824 at 12:16 PM on Jul. 16, 2008

• My water broke with my son and I was dead asleep. It felt like a gush, actually there were 3 gushes. Imagine taking a cup of water and throwing it at someone, thats how much fluid came out all three times. As im sure youve been told, "you will know when it happens".
    mrschrono

Answer by mrschrono at 12:40 PM on Jul. 16, 2008

• i never felt when my water broke...it came 2 me like a big suprise..ma 1st child i juss sat down and it gushed out...ma 2nd one came to me while i was at school.....u just never know
    bossrenee

Answer by bossrenee at 12:58 PM on Jul. 16, 2008

• I never felt mine break, I noticed it when I would have contractions and would leak some of the fluid out, but other than that...I dont think there is any andvanced warning...good Luck
    Anubis8733

Answer by Anubis8733 at 1:02 PM on Jul. 16, 2008

• No you can't tell when it is about to break, or if it will break at all. Would be nice if you could it would prevent embarrassing moments of water breaking in public.
    Maidenwolf

Answer by Maidenwolf at 1:13 PM on Jul. 16, 2008

• When mine broke I had just gone to the bathroom. I came out, took about three steps into the kitchen and had a somewhat fluttering feeling as about a cup of fluid went down my legs. Mine hadn't broke all the way, so the whole way to the hospital I'd get that strange feeling...almost like you're peeing without pushing...
    linds0705

Answer by linds0705 at 1:55 PM on Jul. 16, 2008

• Embarassing I know, but with #1 my water broke during sex. #2 doc broke my water, and #3 I stood up and it gushed!! No warning either time.
    Jazak

Answer by Jazak at 5:29 PM on Jul. 16, 2008

• mine broke when i was reaching for the phone. no warning.
    princezzmommie

Answer by princezzmommie at 11:11 PM on Jul. 16, 2008