who here got your baby a flu shot and who got one for themselves

krazyash023

Asked by krazyash023 at 8:52 PM on Jan. 5, 2009 in Health

• bailey got one in november and she was fine with it. they gave half in november and then she had to wait thirty days to get the other half
    jodi205

Answer by jodi205 at 8:53 PM on Jan. 5, 2009

• AND DID IT MAKE YOU OR YOUR BABY SICK??
    krazyash023

Answer by krazyash023 at 8:52 PM on Jan. 5, 2009

• I have never gotten any of my children a flu shot, and they have never had the flu, my oldest is almost 8. I have never had it either. Are you a SAHM? If you are, I wouldn't do it, just practice good hand washing.
    Jazak

Answer by Jazak at 8:54 PM on Jan. 5, 2009

• My baby girl got one, and she was fine. Shes getting the other half soon. I agree though, good hand washing will probably do it if they aren't really around other kids.
    LovinMyMikayla

Answer by LovinMyMikayla at 8:57 PM on Jan. 5, 2009

• i was but just got a job in our states largest nursing home so now i'm debating whether i should get one and get my son one also. i get him all other vaccinations. I just don't know if i should get us both vaccinated or not... =\ they say over 36,000 die every year from it and it freaked me out a bit lol
    krazyash023

Answer by krazyash023 at 8:57 PM on Jan. 5, 2009

• The vaccine that they give you is only for one strand, there are so many strands of the flu that chances are it will not keep her for getting it anyway. With you working at a nursing home you may have to get one for you, (I know some nh require them here). Is the baby in daycare or home care?
    Jazak

Answer by Jazak at 9:02 PM on Jan. 5, 2009

• its recommended but i have the right to refuse it. and my son is home care. he is either with his dad, or my mom or my mil. i just have the biggest fears of bringing something home to him =[ i know i'm probably just paranoid though
    krazyash023

Answer by krazyash023 at 9:09 PM on Jan. 5, 2009

• I did and well my "babies" got them as well though they are 12 and 17
    mamakirs

Answer by mamakirs at 9:16 PM on Jan. 5, 2009

• Nope. Every year dh says lets go get flu shots, and I say ok yeah, and we never do, and we never get sick. my fear is that it will make my kids sick and I figure since they haven't gotten it yet, I'd rather deal with healthy kids, then potentially give them it from the shot. IMO. OK I also just really hate needles, lol.
    avpriddis

Answer by avpriddis at 9:36 PM on Jan. 5, 2009

• Kaite just got one last month and will be going in for a booster in 2 weeks
    dewey_scoles

Answer by dewey_scoles at 9:38 PM on Jan. 5, 2009