Ripped stitches?

DS was born on the 28th (eight days ago). Three days ago I had one of my stitches fall out, didn't think much about it at the time but it's been kind of painful now. Had this happened to anyone else and what did your Dr. do? I've known a few mom's whose stitches tore but there Dr. said they would just have to heal on there own.

The nurse said it was a first degree laceration (tear not cut) and I only had two stitches to begin with....but it looks kind of gross down there now.

Slinkee

Asked by Slinkee at 8:56 PM on Jan. 5, 2009 in Pregnancy

• it'll look a little "gross" anyways thanks to lovely scar tissue LOL but don't worry. It's gonna be sore/tender for a while. Granted I'm no nurse but if the stitch held for 5 days, and the other is still there, I'd think you're OK. my doctors used disolvable stitches all 3 times anyways, some came out after about a week, some lasted about 2 1/2. just depended on their placement and how moist they were... the ones towards the front always came out sooner just because that's where the pee hits.
    Anonymous