WoW won't uninstall!!

Yesterday I was using my mom's computer & noticed it was running soooo slow. Her computer is only a few months old. So I asked her if I could look at her startup programs & deleted unwanted stuffs. I am by no means a computer genius lol, but I don't delete stuff if I don't know what it is (And google helps separate those viruses that look like innocent files!) :) Anyway. She has World of Warcraft that she used to play & it will NOT delete! It says "uninstall.exe can not be read/found" something like that. I have tried to delete it every way from Sunday, even tried to repair the game, but it still won't uninstall. She doesn't know where the disc is. Can anyone help me? She's running Vista, if that helps.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 8:59 PM on Jan. 5, 2009 in Just for Fun

• you might could get the file from the WoW website.
    Anonymous

• I've been to their website :(
    Anonymous

• you need to go to control panel, then add/remove programs
    SummersMamma

Answer by SummersMamma at 9:06 PM on Jan. 5, 2009

• Have you tried to download the free trial from the website and then try to unistall it? Hopefully downloading the free trial will repair the unistall file and allow you to delete it.
    Duckieglc

Answer by Duckieglc at 9:06 PM on Jan. 5, 2009

• lol oh, yeah, I've been to the control panel, I've search bar'd everything related to WoW, repaired the program (that took nearly a half hour) Every time I try to delete, it says that the .exe can't be found. I can delete the shortcut though lol ;) Didn't try to download the free trial, because she all ready HAS wow on her computer, if one won't come off, what if she has two that won't?! holy cow would she be mad at me lmao!! :)
    Anonymous

• If you download the free trial it shouldn't put an additional program on your computer, it will download it over the one you already have, only adding the files that do not exist(like the unistall file). It is your choice whatever you decide to do, this was my husband's suggestion, he is a WoW player and a computer guy.
    Duckieglc

Answer by Duckieglc at 9:42 PM on Jan. 5, 2009

• you can do the above and also you could try opening " alt+ctrl+del" and seeing if there is a program running called "launcher" and if it is right click and stop it from running.

if that file is running you won't be able to delete it.
    chyna_doll

Answer by chyna_doll at 9:45 PM on Jan. 5, 2009

• oh and my husband says that is it very unlikely that the WoW program is what is causing problems. You can delete it(if you figure out how) but all it will do is free up space. If the computer is running slowly the cause is programs that are running in the background. If you Ctrl-Alt-Delete and from that menu click on task manager and that will show you what is currently running(active), chances are the machine is constantly running many unecessary programs. Those are the likely culprits.
    Duckieglc

Answer by Duckieglc at 9:47 PM on Jan. 5, 2009

• Ok if another WoW player suggested it, I'll try it lol :) If launcher is running, why would it prevent uninstall? She also had something called Game-something (Gamevision? No, I forget lol) or another running at start up, which appears to be related to WoW. But several sites also said it was spyware, so I disabled it (even with this running, the game wouldn't uninstall, so that's unrelated)
    Anonymous

• Oh I know exactly why it's slow; she never turns the dang thing off!! I asked her if she ever shuts it down, and she said No, so I told her she should start because (from what I've read) virtual memory increases the longer the computer's on, which makes the computer way slow. But she did have a lot of "crap" programs that I deleted
    Anonymous