When is time to get rid of the pull ups/diapers

Hi! I am new to this group first time posting and first time mom. My daughter (3) is doing great during with potty training when we are home. She will tell me she has to use the potty or just go. We are having very few accidents. But we venture out I haven't been brave enough to leave her in just underwear and as soon as she has pulls ups or diapers on she just goes no warning etc. Is it time to lose the pull ups/diapers?

Silverbelle89

Asked by Silverbelle89 at 9:09 PM on Jan. 5, 2009 in Toddlers (1-2)

• I would lose them, pack extra clothes though. Take her potty before you leave, and as soon as you get to your destination. Good luck.
    Jazak

Answer by Jazak at 9:13 PM on Jan. 5, 2009

• I am the same way you are but my daughter is almost 2. She has been potty trained for 2 months, but Im just not brave enough to take her out without a easy up, however I have accientally about 5 times and she stayed dry the whole time and almost always does any time she is wearing a pull up. Im going to look in on your answers and take the advice..Good luck!!
    asholan_07

Answer by asholan_07 at 9:13 PM on Jan. 5, 2009

• I agree with Jazak..... lose them and pack extra clothes. You can get training pants. They are a little thicker and more absorbent.
    drowninginboys

Answer by drowninginboys at 9:34 PM on Jan. 5, 2009

• i dont use them my dd is 23 months and she dosent use them at all i just take lots of extra clothes all the time a few times of them having accidents in the store will happen ..
    klinemom2

Answer by klinemom2 at 9:45 PM on Jan. 5, 2009

• My daughter was doing the same thing. If she was in a diaper or pull-up, she would just go. I've switched to panties for most trips out. I make sure she goes before we leave (or try to!). If it's a long trip out or to someplace that may not have a potty, I put her in a pull-up. I also make certain we have a complete change of clothes when we go out.

And remember, night time and naptime are not included in this. Being dry while asleep has nothing to do with being dry while awake. You may need to keep her in diapers or Good Nights for years at night - or you may be lucky and she will self train for night time.
    kaycee14

Answer by kaycee14 at 9:52 PM on Jan. 5, 2009

• You can also try slipping a pulll-up on OVER her panties when you go out. Then she will still feel it, but her clothes/floor/carseat etc. will stay dry.
    maggiemom2000

Answer by maggiemom2000 at 10:08 PM on Jan. 5, 2009

• I would say loose the diapers during the day. My 3 y/o is still in pullups at night because I don't think she is ready to let them go. My older girl was out of pulls day and night by two. Some kids feel that diapers are to be peed in and panties are not. When we were potty training I took my kids to the potty like every 15 minutes when we were out.
    matthewscandi

Answer by matthewscandi at 9:09 AM on Jan. 6, 2009