Do you think that a husband and wife should attend church together or is it okay to worship in two different churches?

My hubby and I always worship at the same church so that we can get the same word. But I know of several couples who worship separately in different churches.

What are your thoughts on a couple worshipping in separate churches, do you think that its better to worship together?

35yoamom

Asked by 35yoamom at 12:43 AM on Oct. 23, 2011 in Religious Debate

• To each his own. I think it's ok but I would prefer to go with my love.
    JackieGirl007

Answer by JackieGirl007 at 12:45 AM on Oct. 23, 2011

• My opinion is that, yes... it's totally okay. I have a very separate life from my husband. However, that would depend on the couple and how they feel.

m-avi

Answer by m-avi at 12:46 AM on Oct. 23, 2011

• i think it is ok- they are 2 different people.
    gwen20

Answer by gwen20 at 1:25 AM on Oct. 23, 2011

• I think they should be together because in the Bible it talks about being unequally yoked. SO yeah they should be together if they believe the Bible.
    paisleyowl

Answer by paisleyowl at 1:46 AM on Oct. 23, 2011

• I don't see a problem with it, after all, not every couple consists of two people of the same faith.
    Nanixh

Answer by Nanixh at 1:59 AM on Oct. 23, 2011

• I think you should where you find the most meaning and connection to God.
    RyansMom001

Answer by RyansMom001 at 5:36 AM on Oct. 23, 2011

• Catholics aren't big on church shopping. My husband and I are both Catholic. If he started suddenly started attending another church, there would be quite a discussion between us.
    I often don't think people understand how Catholicism works. We don't attend different denominations on Sunday and call it good. Our service is specific to our denomination. We have to attend Catholic mass. If we do not, and attend a Baptist church, we have missed mass and are in sin. In order to go back to our church and receive Holy Communion, we would first have to go to confession. Holy Communion is the point of our church service. Of course we are there to "receive the Word", but we are there to partake of the body and blood of Christ.
    adnilm

Answer by adnilm at 8:53 AM on Oct. 23, 2011

• i think its part of the unity of a marriage to be able to worship together. i agree with the 'unequally yoked-scripture'. of course, sometimes it is difficult, even within a marriage of two different Christian denominations..as they can vary with theology and basic doctrines. which brings us back to the problem of being 'unequally yoked'. your marriage should work as a team, not two separate heads.
    dullscissors

Answer by dullscissors at 11:48 AM on Oct. 23, 2011

• I don't think it matters. Although, it does make it easier to discuss what was preached when you both attend the same church.

And remember ... Just because you are sitting side by side doesn't mean you are getting the same message.
    SpiritedWitch

Answer by SpiritedWitch at 11:49 AM on Oct. 23, 2011

• I think to each their own...
    My GMIL is Christian, husband is Catholic, She goes to his church a lot for him. But I think the only time he went to our church was when me, MIL & cousin(il) was getting baptised.
    MommaTasha1003

Answer by MommaTasha1003 at 1:06 PM on Oct. 23, 2011