sex. after dilation

is it ok to have sex after your dilating and effaced half way? and will it still help to speed the process up like they say if i do end up having sex?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 9:20 PM on Jan. 5, 2009 in Pregnancy

• Yeah it speeds along the progress one of my friends from work told me to use a vibrator while in labor bc it helps (i didn't ) but i did look it up on the internet ,
    nessalyn07

Answer by nessalyn07 at 9:23 PM on Jan. 5, 2009

• I had sex when I was 3 cm dialated with my son and when I went back to the doctor I was 5cm dialated and went to the hospital. It does speed up the process.
    alaskansglmom

Answer by alaskansglmom at 9:26 PM on Jan. 5, 2009

• My dr said to not have sex after I was dilated, because of risk of infection. You really need to ask your dr, not people on here.
    prettyrayray

Answer by prettyrayray at 9:31 PM on Jan. 5, 2009

• As long as your water isn't broken they say it is ok
    ColleenF30

Answer by ColleenF30 at 9:39 PM on Jan. 5, 2009

• Yep my DR says its fine right up until your water breaks So im gonna keep on doing it til then!!!
    scaredmommy08

Answer by scaredmommy08 at 9:49 PM on Jan. 5, 2009

• Yep, the semen is going to help you progress. You're good to have sex until your water breaks.
    musicpisces

Answer by musicpisces at 10:39 PM on Jan. 5, 2009