I'm 36 weeks pregnant how many of you mommies out there were scared that you and the baby may pass away during labor my anxiety is overwelming any advice?

mommy4the1stime

Asked by mommy4the1stime at 9:22 PM on Jan. 5, 2009 in Pregnancy

• I was never scared then, but now I have uncontrollable anxiety and stress over thinking that myself or my daughter will die while sleeping. In nov 07 my 17 month old neice passed away while sleeping and in april 08 my sister also did for a completely different reason, but both were "healthy" and they were both 100% unexpected. I have such a hard time now. I totally feel your fear.
    asholan_07

Answer by asholan_07 at 9:24 PM on Jan. 5, 2009

• im scared...not for my baby but for me..
    i have hard time breathing sinced my bodys so small and im so young =/
    im afraid that i wont be able to breathe while having the baby =(
    though i know they have those thingys to help you breathe...
    but i do get scared =/
    misty91

Answer by misty91 at 9:31 PM on Jan. 5, 2009

• Oh my gosh I was this way I got bad but i wouldnt talk to anyone about it tll my last apt with my doc. She told me there is a very slight risk and that they have moniters to track everything. I wouldnt worrie about it. Just do it natrual and breath its all going to be alright.
    dewey_scoles

Answer by dewey_scoles at 9:34 PM on Jan. 5, 2009

• I too was afraid of complications and death as delivery drew near. All I can say is that when it is actually time, you will be to busy to be afraid, you will have other more important work to do. Also keep in mind, even before advances in medicine many more woman were able to bring multiple healthy children into this world than not. You have the benefit of prenatal care, and advanced medicine, you will more than likely be fine and so will your little one.
    FuzNet

Answer by FuzNet at 9:35 PM on Jan. 5, 2009

• YES I am very afraid to either die or lose my baby!
    The reason I am so afraid to die is because I have a son who is very attached to me.
    Paty_hotmommy

Answer by Paty_hotmommy at 9:43 PM on Jan. 5, 2009

• Oh I was so terrified. It's totally normal to be scared, it's only natural. Just remember that there are millions of babies born healthy every single day, and along with them there are millions of mommies that make it through labor healthy as well.
    caitxrawks

Answer by caitxrawks at 10:02 PM on Jan. 5, 2009

• Just know that the likelihood of that happening is very very low. Even in 1900 only 6-9 out of 1,000 women died and those numbers have improved by over 90%!
    danielp

Answer by danielp at 11:58 AM on Jan. 6, 2009

• I was nervous about my 2nd, 3rd, & 4th babies because they were all Csections under general anesthesia ---- but I have a WONDERFUL OB/GYN & trust her completely.

I think that helps a ton --- having confidence in your Dr.

By now, you've gotten to know your Dr.... but what about the staff at the hospital? Call up to the L&D floor & schedule a tour --- get familiar with the setting & meet the people that will be caring for you during & after delivery. That should help ease your anxieties, too.
    Laura1229

Answer by Laura1229 at 5:42 PM on Jan. 6, 2009