I'm a vet tech, do you need advice?

I've been a vet/surgery tech for many years. If you need advice just ask, I'd love to help.

luvinher

Asked by luvinher at 9:22 PM on Jan. 5, 2009 in Pets

• To meleasmom- what you saw was the root of his k-9. They will have to extract it, it has a huge root, it will take a while, and it's expensive. Around here they charge about 45$ for just removing the tooth. They will have to put him to sleep so you will be paying for anesthetics also. He is in a lot of pain. But hopefully they gave him something.Nothing against your vet but from where I come from it doesn't matter how busy they are an emergency is an emergency. They should send home pain meds and antibiotics. Let me know how it turns out.
    luvinher

Answer by luvinher at 9:48 PM on Jan. 5, 2009

• Where were you yesterday? :) My 10 yr old blue heeler came in the house and his "lip" looked puffed out. When I tried to see in there, I caught a glimpse of his upper fang or canine tooth pointed backward toward his throat with about an inch of bone or cartlidge attached. What did I see? Needless to say, I took him to my vet and she had too many emergencies today to look at him so they kept him over night. I was just wondering what I saw. He wouldn't let me take a good look and they didn't give me any answers tonight and I'm so worried. Thank you.
    meleasmom

Answer by meleasmom at 9:26 PM on Jan. 5, 2009

• My dog seems to fall into a depression when my husband pulls his suitcase out for a trip. He left again today on business, and my dog won't leave his bed. I spoil him rotten, but nothing I've done seems to cheer him up! What can I do?
    kamsmw

Answer by kamsmw at 9:36 PM on Jan. 5, 2009

• ok so i was on here the other day about my little kitten and well i really am trying to get the money to take her to the vet but have it yet but i wanted to ask she has been really stinking like poop like all the time i have given her bathes and nothing help what can i do for this? could this be something serious? Thank You
    Reneemommy

Answer by Reneemommy at 9:39 PM on Jan. 5, 2009

• To kamsmw There really isn't anything you can do. They do have antidepressants/nerve pills at the vet. Is it just when he leaves? The only thing I can think of is to take him bye bye to the park or to friends houses as much as you can to get him out of the house and hopefully mend his heart...aww poor baby. sorry
    luvinher

Answer by luvinher at 10:00 PM on Jan. 5, 2009

• To: Reneemommy Find the source of the smell is it her mouth, butt, ears? Has she been pooping/peeing ok? Let me know.
    luvinher

Answer by luvinher at 10:04 PM on Jan. 5, 2009

• yeah its from her behind but yes she has been going fairly good she has been having bout 8-9 bowl movement a day i dont know how many are normal and she has only been peeing 2-.3 times but never in the litter box is there a reason there do you know? Thank you sooo much
    Reneemommy

Answer by Reneemommy at 10:09 PM on Jan. 5, 2009

• To Reneemommy 8-9 is way too much, is it diarrhea? And she should be going pee in box, otherwise somethings wrong. Do you see her pee? Does she cry when she does? Is it bloody? Get some Urine Off from the vet to clean the pee. Otherwise she will go there again and again and she will ruin your life! Never use hot water to clean it up, it will set it in.
    luvinher

Answer by luvinher at 11:07 PM on Jan. 5, 2009