I had a MC almost two weeks ago but...

I took a pregnancy test tonight and it came out positive. Is it possible that I was going to have twins and lost one? And should I tell my Doctor? I don't want to say anything to my husband since I don't want to get my hopes up incase I am not.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 9:25 PM on Jan. 5, 2009 in Pregnancy

• Im not sure but I think that for a period of time after a mc you can still have positive tests. I would still call your doc though and see what he thinks.
    asholan_07

Answer by asholan_07 at 9:27 PM on Jan. 5, 2009

• i would call your DR first thing in the morning
    krazyash023

Answer by krazyash023 at 9:28 PM on Jan. 5, 2009

• Even after you give birth the HcG stays in your system for a month or more (I gave myself a pregnancy scare right after having my daughter). Having the hormone still is normal. Give it a few weeks and test again, if the positive gets lighter -- not darker -- you can assume the hormones are fading. It's one of the reasons Doctors recommend waiting a few months, to avoid false hopes and reliving the feeling of loss. That said, if you haven't gone to the doctor since your MC you may want to -- it *is* possible to have multiples and lose one. Many doctors would have done the internal sonogram to see if there was/is a heartbeat still.
    Serafyna

Answer by Serafyna at 9:35 PM on Jan. 5, 2009

• You should probaby call your doctor. They might suggest you come and do a couple blood tests just to see if your hCG levels are decreasing/increasing.
    aliciasm

Answer by aliciasm at 9:36 PM on Jan. 5, 2009

• Hcg levels can stay in your system for 6 weeks.
    sydsmom2

Answer by sydsmom2 at 9:55 PM on Jan. 5, 2009

• How far along were you when you miscarried? That has a lot to do with it. I took a HPT 4 weeks after my miscarriage and it was positive but I was pregnant again. I, however, knew what my HCG levels were at the time of miscarriage so I knew that the test would register correctly.
    purpleducky

Answer by purpleducky at 8:17 AM on Jan. 6, 2009