Greedy selfish mother

My husband pays a excellent amount of cs, when bmom saw how much she was getting she immediately quit her job. The thing is my step daughters mother asks for tons of extra money for other things, because she uses the cs on herself and not the daughter. When my husband says no to her requests because he cannot afford it she calls my husband every name in the book and then puts step daughter on the phone and she calls her dad every name in the book, opinions and advice needed?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 9:06 AM on Oct. 23, 2011 in General Parenting

• Pay the child supprt and nothing else. Do not answer the phone when bio mom or DD calls. Or when they do call if they strart in on money, hang up.

Answer by louise2 at 9:12 AM on Oct. 23, 2011

• He should document everything and take her back to court to have the cs adjusted. Bio mom may get a reduction since she decided to quit a job bcuz ex was paying so much...she is obviously able bodied to work just lazy... consult a lawyer and see what hub can do.
    bcauseimthemom

Answer by bcauseimthemom at 9:20 AM on Oct. 23, 2011

• I would request a review of the CS, which in TX at least, you can do every 3 years. If he is paying enough that she could afford to quit her job, he is paying too much. As for bioMom spending it on herself, are you counting what she pays for food, clothing and shelter for the child? Those are legitimate expenses, but she should be doing her part too. She does sound greedy and selfish and it also sounds like SD is going along the same path. Depending on SD age, this may be able to be corrected, if not, don't worry about it, and don't give any extra money.
    kustomkrochet

Answer by kustomkrochet at 9:35 AM on Oct. 23, 2011

• Well being someone who gets child support and spends it on actually insuring my son has a roof over his head, cable, medical insurance, clothes etc I think that is what it is for, not the extras. Thankfully his dad and new wife (bitch that she is) understand if I did not have our son I would have a smaller home, smaller electric bill, smaller water bill, no need to buy extra clothes for boys or shoes for him, pay for field trips etc. So they do help. Child support is not supposed to go 100% TO the child, it is to support them and support the cost it takes to raise them. It is not meant to pay for all the extras. That is what mom and dad are for and courts usually hope they can work it out.
    As for name calling just say you will hang up the phone every time she starts and cant call and ask unless she is going to stop with the name calling.

Answer by gemgem at 9:37 AM on Oct. 23, 2011

• i agree with both pps. in my experiance the judge will frown upon the bio mom for quitting a good/decent job bc of how much child support she is reciving. how old is dd?? shes obvsly beeing brian washed it sounds like i would see about asking the judge to make her go to counceling! sounds like bmom has turned her against her dad bc shes a greedy bitch! good luck i hope everything works out for you!
    rachel216

Answer by rachel216 at 9:40 AM on Oct. 23, 2011

• sd is 15.
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 9:48 AM on Oct. 23, 2011

• Why the hell would she quit her job? Some people are dumbasses
    charnel07

Answer by charnel07 at 10:16 AM on Oct. 23, 2011

• Well what is she asking for? I mean you say SD is 15 I see nothing wrong with asking for help with activities. As far as going through a reduction, all BM has to say is she lost her job and hasn't been able to get another (in this economy, that happens) and your DH could end up paying MORE
    JLS2388

Answer by JLS2388 at 2:02 PM on Oct. 23, 2011

• jls she tried taking us to court because we refuse to give her 700-800 on top of cs to pay her bills. judge denied her request and told her to get a job.
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 2:51 PM on Oct. 23, 2011

• I would just rely on the phrase " the judge told you to get a job!". When asked for money. And let her know that if she calls him names, the conversation is over for 24 hours. Hang up on her.
    AmaliaD

Answer by AmaliaD at 3:22 PM on Oct. 23, 2011