Post partum depression

I have had it for 6 months and i still dont feel all that much better i have been on two diffrent meds and it doesnt seem to work. Ive tried talked to people but still nothing.

dewey_scoles

Asked by dewey_scoles at 9:36 PM on Jan. 5, 2009 in Health

• Have you gone to a counselor on a regular basis? I didn't get ppd until almost 6 months after giving birth, and it was awful. I bf so I didn't want to go on any meds, so I saw a couselor regularly and I was able to find where it was coming from and hold it off. Keep trying, and know that you're not alone. You're more than welcome to pm me if you would like someone to talk to.
    avpriddis

Answer by avpriddis at 9:40 PM on Jan. 5, 2009

• Are you getting any sun at all? Just getting out and being outside can help, as can exercise. I stay away from meds for mine, because when I've been on them before, I felt kind of numb, which I hated. I do talk to a counselor, but making myself go walking or hit the gym, or even jut exercise at home (with or without an exercise video) can make a huge difference for me. Hang in there, there are TONS of us out there, so don't feel like you're alone in the world, mommy! =)
    musicpisces

Answer by musicpisces at 10:46 PM on Jan. 5, 2009

• hey honey, my daughter is 4 months old, and I'm in the same boat as you...I've found that exercising ( I know I know groan who wants to do that...) helps me boost my spirits a bit, even if its ten minutes. I recently got the Jillian Michaels Wii game, and I do it for just ten minutes a day....if you can't do that I know comcast right now if you have access to On Demand they have an exercise Tv which has ten minute workouts and just a general upbeat tone to them that have helped me push my blues aside...do I want to do them? HELL no, I hate exercising, but it is the ONE thing I get to do by myself and for myself. If you don't have access to that, the libraries carry work out dvd's in their dvd dept.
    AbbysMom059

Answer by AbbysMom059 at 3:18 PM on Jan. 7, 2009

• I also found that just getting out of the house helps me...but sometimes it isn't enough, I go to the doctor this friday to discuss what options I have because there are days that I don't even get out of bed. So I just wanted to let you know your not alone, you can always reach me on myspace :)
    AbbysMom059