Goodstart formula...

My daughter has had an awfull time with formula ''please no breastfeeding bashing'' shes been on soy for like 4 mos, she is 7 mos old. I read so many bad things about soy i would love to switch her to cows base. Has anyone had a child that could only tollerate soy and try cow formula when the baby was older? Any sucess?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 9:51 PM on Jan. 5, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• we had the same problem with my son he drank only soy formula and now he is on lactose free milk not soy and does fine with it have you tried lactose free formula i mean you can try and see if it works we are fixing to see if now that are son is 2 if he can drink the reg milk. good luck
    Wyattsmom205

Answer by Wyattsmom205 at 9:55 PM on Jan. 5, 2009

• All of my cousins kids were on soy formula and had no problems switching them to regular milk later on. She said she just used so in the beginning because it worked for them. I like walmarts brand gentlelease formula, it has a bit less lactose then the normal which can help with gas or fussiness.
    emilysmom401

Answer by emilysmom401 at 9:54 PM on Jan. 5, 2009

• My son was on soy for the first 2 months but it made him really constipated yet regular formula made him really gassy. He's now only a partiially-reduced lactose formula and has done great ever since. We use Enfamil Gentlease. I've heard great things about Similac Sensitive too which is pretty much the same thing, only Similac's version.
    jessicarae787

Answer by jessicarae787 at 9:56 PM on Jan. 5, 2009

• I was on soy, my first now 3 was on soy and now my second 6 months is on soy. No problems here, after the first turned 1 we switched to cows milk no problem. Try the gentlease stuff, i have a feeling my second may actually be allergic to whole milk when we start her just mothers intuition but prayerfully shes not
    HisServant4ever

Answer by HisServant4ever at 4:38 PM on Jan. 6, 2009