When Can We Have Sex??

I started my period on the 1st of July.... it ended around the 5th or 6th. According to the ovulation calendar, I should be ovulating around yesterday and today. We haven't had sex yet, so I'm hoping we'll try tonight, but aren't there supposed to be some signs that I'm ovulating? I thought I was supposed to look for that thicker discharge? Or does that not happen with everyone? I usually do get that every month I think, I just haven't seen it this month yet. What do you think? Should we wait to have sex until I KNOW I'm ovulating? oh, and I'm using the ovulation test strips, and they all say I'm not ovulating.

Silvia1011

Asked by Silvia1011 at 12:14 PM on Jul. 16, 2008 in Pregnancy

• Hi there! Well that is one sign your ovulating..theres also head aces and some very light cramping. But yes, some ppl don't get any signs. So you really may never kno. I tryed useing the test strips, and they didn't work for me. I also used the calander, that also was no help. How i THINK i got pregnant was by having sex in the morning and stopped stressin over tryin to get preggnant. Hope this helped!
    kylie_2008

Answer by kylie_2008 at 12:44 PM on Jul. 16, 2008

• Well, I used the strips and they worked, at least to tell me I was ovulating. Never did get pregnant with my ex thought, so that kind of sucked. I agree with kylie_2008, stop stressing about getting pregnant, because it doesn't help. I would cry because I thought I couldn't have kids, it was hard, and now hopefully I'll be a mommy before this month is over.
    Little_Maria

Answer by Little_Maria at 1:12 PM on Jul. 16, 2008

• I had to take my temperature every morning. Your temp spikes right before ovulating, I think. It's been so long since I've done that I can't remember too well :)
    ritzbit

Answer by ritzbit at 1:31 PM on Jul. 16, 2008

• You are supposed to be ovulating the most on day 13 and 14th (the day of your period is considered Day #1). I looked online and that seems pretty common for everyone to ovulate around that time.

As far as the discharge, I don't think everyone gets it!
    MandieSchenk

Answer by MandieSchenk at 1:39 PM on Jul. 16, 2008

• I just got that egg white discharge thing when I went to the bathroom, so I'm about to ovulate. I wasn't sure when it was coming... so we gotta get a move on it :)
    Silvia1011

Answer by Silvia1011 at 1:45 PM on Jul. 16, 2008