Is there a safe way to clean carpets?

I have two kids and two dogs and I am wondering if it is safe to have my carpet professionally cleaned? Especially in the winter, when window cannot be opened. Any thoughts?

Bryn1020

Asked by Bryn1020 at 9:58 PM on Jan. 5, 2009 in Home & Garden

• is shouldnt be a big deal call the people and ask what kinds stuff they use and if it smells strong we had ours done and really couldnt smell anything and didnt have to leave they didnt even really soak the carpet either.
    Wyattsmom205

Answer by Wyattsmom205 at 10:03 PM on Jan. 5, 2009

• I also have kids and dogs and had my carpets done at the end of summer. There are several companies that clean with safe chemicals. One I can think of that may be national is ChemDry.
    VirgoMom807

Answer by VirgoMom807 at 10:05 PM on Jan. 5, 2009

• Yeah, now I remember a commercial for ChemDry. I think we got them around here. Thanks! I will check them out.
    Bryn1020

Answer by Bryn1020 at 10:11 PM on Jan. 5, 2009