Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

my 9 month old ate a leaf from a poinsettia plant about two hours ago, should i be worried?

Answer Question
 
mommies0888

Asked by mommies0888 at 10:05 PM on Jan. 5, 2009 in Health

Level 1 (0 Credits)
Answers (8)
  • Myths and rumors about the toxicity of the poinsettia plant are common late in the year, when the popular red-leaved plants take center stage in holiday decorations. While the genus (Euphorbia) to which the poinsettia plant belongs does contain some highly toxic plants, the popular poinsettia itself is not toxic.
    http://www.medicinenet.com/script/main/art.asp?articlekey=55606
    Meshell7

    Answer by Meshell7 at 10:08 PM on Jan. 5, 2009

  • No they are not poisonous.

    Jazak

    Answer by Jazak at 10:08 PM on Jan. 5, 2009

  • Call poison control 1 800 282 3171
    ashlee31627

    Answer by ashlee31627 at 10:12 PM on Jan. 5, 2009

  • i would call poison control too
    Wyattsmom205

    Answer by Wyattsmom205 at 10:15 PM on Jan. 5, 2009

  • Poinsettia's might give a upset tummy but that should be about it. If it was mistletoe, it would be a whole other story though.
    Anonymous

    Answer by Anonymous at 10:18 PM on Jan. 5, 2009

  • I would call PC
    scaredmommy08

    Answer by scaredmommy08 at 10:20 PM on Jan. 5, 2009

  • To ease your own mind, I would call poison control or the baby's doctor. The pointsetta plant is toxic, and 9 months is young to be able to fend off toxins.
    PSMother

    Answer by PSMother at 10:32 PM on Jan. 5, 2009

  • too young to fend off toxins? Then why do we vax kids so young???
    Call poison control and find out what you need to know.
    ColleenF30

    Answer by ColleenF30 at 11:36 PM on Jan. 5, 2009

Join CafeMom now to contribute your answer and become part of our community. It's free and takes just a minute.